An apple for my teacher (72 years late)

Frank Pellow

28 minutes ago, Frank Pellow said:

Katy (Terefenko) Larouche was my first teacher.  She taught me in grades 1,2, and 3 at Hearst Public School (there was no kindergarten).  Katy is a very enthusiastic person and my education got off to a great start with her.  But, in the three years she taught me, I never gave her a gift.

Here is a photo of Katy and me taken about 10 years ago.  At the margin I have superimposed photos of the two of us taken from grade 1 and grade 3 class photos:

1422046404_Katy(Terenenko)LaroucheandFrankPellowcollage.thumb.jpg.ed6b96e1f696894086ca63e00d9e5426.jpg

At 92, Katy lives in her own home in North Bay, Ontario.  I recently visited her both on my way up to Pellow's Camp and on my way home.  She is full of stories and wisdom and really value my time with her.  This time, she sent me away with a couple of dozen ginger cookies that she had baked on the morning of my visit.

I need to reciprocate and I decided that an apple for the teacher is in order:

713422249_CoolestTeacherEver-small.thumb.JPG.76e8dae60dc655d186fa1a74b936d39d.JPG

Katy more than deserves that accolade.

The pattern is by Steve Good.

What a fun and thoughtful idea. I love it

Dick

heppnerguy