Excalibur EX21 scrollsaw

This is so cool I had to give it it's own thread! :cool:

ok so I just used the saw for really the first time. (I had turned it on and cut some lines on a piece of 1/4" plywood but that was it) Steve Good just posted up some racing key chains so I thought what better than to try one out. 3/4 inch piece of poplar I cut out 24 Jeff Gordon.

I don't know if it's me or what but this is quite possibly the smoothest running machine I've ever used. It might just be that my craftsman was slowly wearing out and i got used to it, (frog in a pot of boiling water theory) but this thing is super quiet, and cuts so smooth it's crazy.

I've tried these compound cuts before with the old saw and they always came out crappy, like the blade was bending so the cut outs wouldn't fall out of the hole. The EX21 cut them perfectly first time. and I didn't even keep the scraps in the holes, I just let them all fall out as I cut. based on my past experience I started with a number 7 blade but after a very short time removed it and went down to a number 5. might have even been able to go smaller.

The EX21 is 2 or maybe even 3 times quieter than my craftsman was, and probably half the vibrations. about 80% speed and it's smooth as silk, full speed it does pick up some vibs but not bad.

it's one of those situation where once you use it you wonder how in the world you ever got along without it!

I can't compare it to the dewalt because I've never used one, but I will say this, if you ever have the opportunity to get an Excalibur scrollsaw, you better get it I promise you won't be sorry.

ok back to cutting! see yall in a month! :smitten: