Newbie Bought a Ryobi sc162vs - Should It Have Thumbscrews?

Milo

Hi, I need to use spiral blades but the used Ryobi I just bought doesn't seem to have thumb screws to clamp non-pinned blades.

It looks like there are two holes for them (one on top, one on bottom).

CAN I buy thumbscrews to clamp non-pinned blades?

If so, WHAT SIZE THUMBSCREWS should I buy?

Thanks a lot, I greatly appreciate if anyone knows about this. I know it's a basic question but I couldn't find the answer on any forums...

:)

I searched the web and found a site that sells parts for Ryobi saws. for your model it says obsolete. but fot the next model (sc163vs) they have some. not sure if its the same size though. here is a link to that website. maybe you can find more info on it. http://www.ereplacementparts.com/ryobi- ... _8001.html

If this dont work maybe you can take the blade holder to the hardware and find thumb screws that will fit into them. sorry wish I could of been more help.

I had a similar scrollsaw to that when I first started scrolling, but it went under the GMC badge. It had adapters that could only use pinned blades.

I ended up getting some Hegner clamps in place of the other clamps. You will need to experiment a little with the best clamp positions (either on top of or below the upper and lower arms) and may require shimming with a washer to get the spacing right so the bottom clamp doesnt hit against the table.