From the Scroll saw magazine

heppnerguy

5 minutes ago, Frank Pellow said:

I like both the pattern and your use of it A LOT!

I've used three of Fiona's patterns but have never seen this one on her web site.  It must be new.  I will go to her site right now and purchase the pattern.

The pattern is not on her web site. (I would have known that if I had read the above post by FrankEV).   

I guess that I will need to find the magazine.  I'm not sure where it can be purchased and Don's Walmart suggestion is out since I refuse to shop there.

Edited by Frank Pellow

13 minutes ago, Frank Pellow said:

The pattern is not on her web site. (I would have known that if I had read the above post by FrankEV).   

I guess that I will need to find the magazine.  I'm not sure where it can be purchased and Don's Walmart suggestion is out since I refuse to shop there.

Frank you can try Shoppers Drug Mart and Home depot

Just a FYI. 

Looking at her site she does absolutly beautiful work. 

However, according to her site, even though you pay for the pattern it is not yours and she specifically states that her patterns can only be for personal use only and further states the cut products can not be sold. 

Those restrictions will make me shy away from using any of her patterns unless I plan to hang it in my own home.     

I've picked up two different seasons of SSWWC magazine at Barnes-n-Nobels before, and I've seen them at various other places (Target, Walgreens, etc) that have large magazine selections.  Occasionally I'll see a copy at Lowes, but the one near me usually only has magazines dedicated to larger projects (decks, furniture, sheds.....weddings?!?).

8 hours ago, Frank Pellow said:

I see that Fiona gave this piece the title 'Bread and Cheese?  Does she say why in the article?

Also, does she identify the type of bird.  My guess is European Robin.

She states that a long time ago in England, hard up country folks would snack on new Hawthorne leaves and blossoms for nourishment. They referred to it as 'bread and cheese' because they didn't have any real bread and cheese on hand. I did not see where she mentioned the name of the bird, but I just skimmed through the article.

Dick

heppnerguy