A3 Car

Foxfold

Very well done.  Any car guy will know what it is.  However I have seen some cuts like this have the cars brand and model cut into the background somewhere.  Helps with presentation when hung where non car guys might see it.

Quick question.  What is the standard photo frame sizes over there?   Over here standard photo sizes are  8"X10" (20.32x25.40) and 11"x14" (23.94x35.56).  When I can, I will try to size my panels to suit the standard frame unless the pattern will not allow it.  I will often enlarge or reduce the pattern as needed to suit a standard Photo size.  An 11"X14" is not that difficut to reach while cutting.  I don't use paper sizes like our Letter (8 1/2 x11) or Tabloid (11X17) for portraits, as they are not quite as proportionaly appealing.

1 hour ago, FrankEV said:

Very well done.  Any car guy will know what it is.  However I have seen some cuts like this have the cars brand and model cut into the background somewhere.  Helps with presentation when hung where non car guys might see it.

Quick question.  What is the standard photo frame sizes over there?   Over here standard photo sizes are  8"X10" (20.32x25.40) and 11"x14" (23.94x35.56).  When I can, I will try to size my panels to suit the standard frame unless the pattern will not allow it.  I will often enlarge or reduce the pattern as needed to suit a standard Photo size.  An 11"X14" is not that difficut to reach while cutting.  I don't use paper sizes like our Letter (8 1/2 x11) or Tabloid (11X17) for portraits, as they are not quite as proportionaly appealing.

My SIL will know exactly what car it is, he has a passion for them. !!  I just wanted to ask the 'more experienced scrollers' if it was up to par for a car fanatic, as I don't have the first clue and didn't want to give him something that wasn't good enough.  It's for his 'office' in the garden.   I used the A3 sheet of wood because it's the biggest I have and I'll make an oak frame for it. It's just the right size to fit the space he has 'spare' over his desk. 

Our 'standard' photo frame sizes are much the same as yours by the look of it.

• 2 weeks later...