What saw to buy?

I can't tell you which saw to buy. I would buy the best saw that you can afford. There are many saws out there. I use a dremel 1800(which is no longer made). several here use the dewalt, craftsman and others. I like the quick blade tension release on my saw. look at several saws and do a comparison.

I'm looking to replace my saw soon and am leaning towards the dewalt or a RBI Hawk. more likely the dewalt because of price of the RBI.

I would start out cheap or buy a used saw and see if you would enjoy it there are some little things to look out for. The saws that use only ( pin end blades) I would stay away from the reason is that you are very limited. To the variety. Of blades out on the market. The second thing is make sure it has variable speed. Other than that it is all getting down and letting saw dust fly. Once you get the hang of it you will know what you want in the next up grade you do on a saw.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Bigred7469,

Here are a couple of books you might want to look at:

The new scroll saw hand book by Patrick Spielman

Scroll saw workshop bench reference by Zachary Taylor

Try your local library. If you can find a scroll saw picnic, go.

There you will be able to try the saws and talk to people who

are just starting out and have been scrolling for many years.

They might even let you try out their saws and you will see

some fantastic completed projects.

Good luck, Joey

Just want to add to what everyone else said. Get one with the option to top or bottom feed the blade. I use to bottom feed with my Craftsman, but when my eyesight started getting bad I switched over to another machine and found top feeding is much easier and just as quick.

You also might want to see if there's anyone else in your neck of the woods where you can try their saw and get a feel for it.

Dan