DW blower

Ctutor

I went through the problem of having the blower tube loosen up and finally fall off.  Tried hot melt glue, duct tape and so forth with no success. Finally found a fix. Too cheeep to buy a new one at #27 or so.  Instead I used 1/2 inch 3:1 heat shrink tubing.  I found the type that has hot melt glue inside.  Put about and inch over the end of the blower hose.  Had to trim a bit of the hose to get the 1/2 inch to slip over the end.  Used a heat gun to shrink the tubing while holding the hose end tight to the round fitting and shrunk the heat shrink stuff.  When it cooled i found it tighter than when new.  

I finally had mine crack on me a few months ago.  It was where it attaches to the saw, probable where they all break.  I just removed the cracked part, heated up the next one with my heat gun and re-attached it.  It has held up so far.  People have posted links on here on where new ones can be bought.  I may have to look into it soon. 

I always just removed the broke fitting and move to the next good one.. and soaked in hot water for a few minutes to warm it up.. Then slip it on.. Didi that about 5 times on the old Dewalt I had.. It was getting a bit short.. I think had it broke again I'd have had to buy a new one.. The saw was 12 years old when I sold it... I think these hoses are a bit long on a new saw and I found it annoying to loop it up and around.. I think this might be the cause of them breaking.. These have enough power to no need to be placed right next to the blade.. I always found myself bumping it or moving it out of my way a lot when it was longer.. shorten up after taking so many links out of it the first few years.. the last several years it was short and always out of the way.. I never had to mess with it.. and it never broke again either for about the last 6-8 years.. broke it about once or twice a year at first though... 

On 11/2/2020 at 2:11 PM, Ctutor said:

I went through the problem of having the blower tube loosen up and finally fall off.  Tried hot melt glue, duct tape and so forth with no success. Finally found a fix. Too cheeep to buy a new one at #27 or so.  Instead I used 1/2 inch 3:1 heat shrink tubing.  I found the type that has hot melt glue inside.  Put about and inch over the end of the blower hose.  Had to trim a bit of the hose to get the 1/2 inch to slip over the end.  Used a heat gun to shrink the tubing while holding the hose end tight to the round fitting and shrunk the heat shrink stuff.  When it cooled i found it tighter than when new.  

I fix my glasses instantly with shrink wrap!!!