Names Name Names

courtym74

Ditto on the Awesome!

What is your blade of choice for cutting this kind of font?

I did just five words, stack cut two layers for a toaal of ten, in a similar (if not the same) font for a sign I made.  The caps were about 2 1/2 " tall.

It took me a lot of time to cut and the cut quality, although useable, was not the best.

I admire your skill.  

10 hours ago, FrankEV said:

Ditto on the Awesome!

What is your blade of choice for cutting this kind of font?

I did just five words, stack cut two layers for a toaal of ten, in a similar (if not the same) font for a sign I made.  The caps were about 2 1/2 " tall.

It took me a lot of time to cut and the cut quality, although useable, was not the best.

I admire your skill.  

Thank you Frank! I used a #5 Olson reverse tooth on these.  The height and length will vary depending on the length of the name and which letters. The font is called soulmate with the bold option on. I've found that using size 48 font also makes for a little fatter line to follow than the 72 font.  Usually I will use "Paint" in windows, type in the name, crop and then print. I find using it as a Jpeg instead of a word document gives me a better feel for how big it will be when it prints out. For example, a short name like "Ted" would be printed using the 3.5X5 setting, while something longer like "Rebecca" would  fit better in the 5X7 or even 8X10.  That being said the only letter I've found do far that I do not care for in this font is the capital N so I swap it out for another font. (Can't remember which right now. )

3 hours ago, wombatie said:

Wow where do you sell them?  Do you sell all of the them?  Terrific work.

Marg

Thank you Marg!  I only do names that I have orders for or am planning to give as gifts.  Most of my customers find me through Facebook. Courtys Scrollworks. (feel free to add me and swipe any designs you like) 

21 hours ago, courtym74 said:

Thank you Marg!  I only do names that I have orders for or am planning to give as gifts.  Most of my customers find me through Facebook. Courtys Scrollworks. (feel free to add me and swipe any designs you like) 

Thanks for that, I will add you tonight.

Marg