New to me-Mixed Media

Old Joe

33 minutes ago, Old Joe said:

I haven’t been around for a while, had other issues going on, but I have gotten my juices flowing again the past few days. I added inlay to two Alex Fox baskets and really like the effects. In addition, I decided to add some power carving to this full 1” African Rosewood trivet. I downloaded the pattern, but forgot where I found it. I went through more than a couple of blades on it, as the wood was tough. Then I decided to personalize it with my power carver. Hope you all enjoy these.

D2333AF8-4FCD-4527-8C8F-490325105A78.jpeg

017E31BA-E860-4B16-AE33-5D2971969954.jpeg

C96B1E09-7AAC-49A2-BF20-28CA14A5A126.jpeg

Haven't lost your touch. Great work

10 hours ago, dgman said:

Very nice work Joe! You doing ok now?

Thank you for asking and to all of you for your kind words and compliments. Nothing really wrong, just dealing with the hand that life deals me. It’s weird, the Covid virus has put severe restrictions on doing many things that we all used to do. You would think I would be knocking out a mountain of projects, but I just hit a lull, (or a wall) recently and got kind of stagnant. Then, bingo! I got rejuvenated about a week ago and have a whole lineup of things to get to.
Peace & Harmony to all of you, and stay safe!

Joe

I love the added inlays. I keep telling myself to add some of that to my pieces too, as I have not done enough inlays to get to feel comfortable with it. So many talented people here in The Village that  keeps me wondering why I am not advancing with all these ideas I see here and trying to do more of them. 

That said, you inspired my two brain cells to wake up and ad new things. You did a great job on those inlays and they indeed, make things pop. Keep up the great work and continue to post your projects for all of us to enjoy and be inspired by

Dick

heppnerguy

Joe,,,, I'm just returning from that wall.... I know of what you speak.... Your projects are awesome.... the inlays really take the baskets up a notch as does the power carving on the trivet.  That should not sit under a hot pan,,,, it is definitely a wall hanger.   All very well done.

Edited by Scrappile

1 hour ago, Frank Pellow said:

You did a great job on everything.

You asked about the designer of the trivet pattern.  It looks to me like a Fiona Kingdon creation.  Am I correct?

Frank, I came across the pattern as a free download last week, but is was real late. I saw it, thought it was cool, saved it on my iPad , printed it, then couldn’t find it again. I am certain that it wasn’t Fiona’s. I have been tuned into her work for some time and would have remembered if it been hers. I’ll come across it eventually, and will give proper credit here.

19 minutes ago, Old Joe said:

Frank, I came across the pattern as a free download last week, but is was real late. I saw it, thought it was cool, saved it on my iPad , printed it, then couldn’t find it again. I am certain that it wasn’t Fiona’s. I have been tuned into her work for some time and would have remembered if it been hers. I’ll come across it eventually, and will give proper credit here.

OK, I'll be waiting to find out.

• 2 weeks later...