Need your opinion

Nickel Falls

The cutting on both is nice. but...... 

The first one is a little nicer because it is darker, but the uneven tone of the wood/stain (?) is a distraction.

Unfortunately I wont give any real acalades to either.  Not sure if it is the choice of the wood or stain or both. 

And, just in my opinion, I'm not fond of the overly ragged distressed panel edges.  The eye apealing presentation is just not there.

Edited by FrankEV

Funny, how different people perceive and like different things isn’t it. I find plenty of eye appeal and like the last three posters before me, I like the 2nd one best because I too think it “pops” a little more due to the brighter lighter color background. I don’t always like ragged edges, but sometimes I do, it depends on the subject and purpose.  I like it here with the wolf myself. Nice work on both. Clearly a great example here of beauty (or not) being in the eye of the beholder. 😉😏🤔

Edited by meflick
Fixing typos (doesn’t mean I didn’t miss some though)

14 hours ago, Nickel Falls said:

I stack cut these 2 wolves and stained them differently.

Cant decide which I liked more, so I thought yall might give me your opinion.

20201224_133357.jpg

20201224_140113.jpg

I would have to choose the second one but had you stained th the backer board behind the wolf head black and left the the rest as it is, I would have voted for number one

Dick

H

heppnerguy

8 hours ago, heppnerguy said:

I would have to choose the second one but had you stained th the backer board behind the wolf head black and left the the rest as it is, I would have voted for number one

Dick

H

heppnerguy

Good tip.......I had not thought of that

• 3 weeks later...