Trucks and Nurses

John B

Absolutely beautiful work.  Your sisters are going to love them.

The stretched wire for hanging paintings is a classic way and great for larger framed work.  My only objection to that method is that the portrait tends to lean out from the wall at the top a little.   

Most of our framed portrait work is done in typical photo sizes (8x10, 11X14 or some variations near those sizes).  And, most when cut in BB ply or similar, are rather light weight as we don't put our work under glass.  A simple sawtooth hanger is most often more than enough and only requires a small brad nail in the wall to hang on.  This method keeps the work flat against the wall for best viewing (IMHO).   

The swivel tabs to hold you work in the frame are great, but you must make the rabbet depth to match the thickness of the panel.  I happent to use framing pins to hold the work in the frame so I make my rabbets deeper than the panel thickness.  And, they are a lot easier and quicker to shoot in with the stapler like device. 

On 1/1/2021 at 2:07 AM, John B said:

Just finished these 3 portraits. The 2 Nurse ones are by Heldas Botas and are for my sisters. Both are Nurses, one in Perth, the other in Mandurah.
The truck is by Sam Custudio . I have  a second one cut, but am waiting for felt for the backing.
They are cut from 4mm Hoop Pine ply, 3mm mdf backer painted black. A3 size
Frames are radiata Pine, the truck is natural, one of the others stained Rose Wood, the other Dark Mahogany. Cutting lacquered with 30% gloss and frames full gloss.
There was another post with people discussing how they "hang" their works. so I have included picture of the rear of mine so you can see how I do it.

DSC02534_tn.jpg

DSC02536_tn.jpg

DSC02539_tn.jpg

DSC02541.JPG

Beautiful work Mate!

On 1/2/2021 at 11:02 PM, Charlie E said:

Great job on everything. I'm especially fond of the nurse ones. I'm sure nobody going into nursing anticipated such a time as this. They deserve the "S" on their uniform.

Thanks Charlie, couldn't agree more mate, they deserve allthey can get and more.