H.Botas angel

RabidAlien

1 minute ago, Foxfold said:

Gorgeous. I really must try those mg blades.

Much less tearout on the bottom piece!  Flying Dutchman makes some as well.  The big difference is that on the Pegas, the bottom 1/4 of the blade has the teeth reversed, whereas the FD blades have every other tooth reversed.  I like the FD concept, as once it gets dull I can flip the blade over and use what was the top portion.  It seemed to me, though, that the FD blades didn't cut a straight line....I mean, they'd cut straight, but only if you were sitting slightly off the saw's centerline.  Once you figure out which direction it wanted to pull, it wasn't a big deal but when I sit in front of my saw I'm typically in line with the arm and disliked having to remember to move over.  Also, it seemed to me that the FD reverse blades dulled a lot faster than the Pegas.  :)  But that's just my opinion....that and $5.75 will get you a small cup of coffee somewhere.  LOL

Nice cutting!  I hope you will post the finished one..  It going to be a real eye catcher...

Sorry but I had to smile at your comment about having to move over a little towards the side of your saw to cut a straight line... really?   You can't just turn the wood a little to compensate for the drift..?  So when you cut a corner or circle, do you have to walk around your saw as you cut it???  I know what you mean, but, got a picture of it in my mind and it made me chuckle a little... 

1 hour ago, Scrappile said:

Nice cutting!  I hope you will post the finished one..  It going to be a real eye catcher...

Sorry but I had to smile at your comment about having to move over a little towards the side of your saw to cut a straight line... really?   You can't just turn the wood a little to compensate for the drift..?  So when you cut a corner or circle, do you have to walk around your saw as you cut it???  I know what you mean, but, got a picture of it in my mind and it made me chuckle a little... 

LOL  I did try pushing the wood from an angle, but it just felt....off.  And that arm got tired pretty quickly.  So, yeah....laziness kicked in and I moved my chair.