Tiger & Cubs

Danj84

1 hour ago, stoney said:

Beautiful job, that once again proves excellent work can be produced with spiral blades.   Thanks for showing us your fine project.

Thank you very much stoney,I used to hate working with spiral blades it took me ages to get used to them I only went back to them about 6months ago and perseverance has paid off I love using them now cheers Dan 😀

38 minutes ago, amazingkevin said:

Only an obsessed scroller would chose to cut this one!!!!

I did have second thoughts half way through if I’m honest 😀 I had been cutting forever and not seeming to get anywhere near finished lol!! But it was worth persevering as I am happy with the end result,nice and simple one next I think 😜😜cheers Dan

Everyone has said it already, but it is worth repeating...great cutting. Those spirals work great once you get used to them.

The subject is beautiful but the pattern itself is very busy.  It took me quite a few minutes before I actually saw the second cub below mamas jaw.  You said you still had to stain and finish the panel so, and this is only my suggestion, you might want to consider selectively highlighting the lion and cubs  and/or jpossibly just darken the background a tad to enhance the viewability of the piece.

Nice project. Spiral are worth learning if one is interested in complex fret work. I have tried them off and on and I find I go for them with fret work of this detail. Sure make life a lot less tense when I do. I did one similar to this with pattern from Sam Custodio. I find fret patterns that take a long time to cut are so worth the time spent, as one feels they have achieved something everyone will be amazed when they see it and makes the craftsman feel proud inside. GREAT PROJECT

Dick

heppnerguy

20 hours ago, FrankEV said:

Everyone has said it already, but it is worth repeating...great cutting. Those spirals work great once you get used to them.

The subject is beautiful but the pattern itself is very busy.  It took me quite a few minutes before I actually saw the second cub below mamas jaw.  You said you still had to stain and finish the panel so, and this is only my suggestion, you might want to consider selectively highlighting the lion and cubs  and/or jpossibly just darken the background a tad to enhance the viewability of the piece.

Hi Frank, I know exactly what you mean it is a very busy looking pattern so I will definitely go with your suggestion and do the tiger and Cubs a different stain so they stand out more ,thank you very much for the input I appreciate all suggestions on this forum as every day I learn something new 😁😁thanks again.

14 hours ago, heppnerguy said:

Nice project. Spiral are worth learning if one is interested in complex fret work. I have tried them off and on and I find I go for them with fret work of this detail. Sure make life a lot less tense when I do. I did one similar to this with pattern from Sam Custodio. I find fret patterns that take a long time to cut are so worth the time spent, as one feels they have achieved something everyone will be amazed when they see it and makes the craftsman feel proud inside. GREAT PROJECT

Dick

heppnerguy

Hi Dick thanks 😊 I know what you mean the first large project I did was the tigers face ‘The Big Cat’ and it took me a few weeks to complete but when I did I was so proud of it yes there were a few mistakes but only I notice them really. It was the same with this one but it’s a great feeling peeling off the pattern to reveal what you have spent hours on and seeing it properly for the first time 😀😀,thanks again Dan.