Just for East Coast Central Florida Members

FrankEV

I finally found a source for many spieces of both Hardwoods (Maple, Walnut, Cherry, Hickory, Mahognay, Sapele, White and Red Oak, Ash, Alder, Bass and Birch) and Softwoods (various kinds of Pine, Fir, Cedar, Spruce and Cypress).

It is: M&M Enterprises, LLC, 1502 State Avenue, Hoilly Hill, Fl 32117, PH: 386-672-1554

Chuck, the office guy, was extreamly nice, showed me around and said I could hunt through the stock any time I wanted.

They only sell full board lengths (what ever they have in stock) and the price is by the board foot.  The great thing is that they have quite a few pieces in various verieties that are greater than 10" wide.

Most of the material is rough sawn, but they do offer a planning service.  Adds about $1/board foot.

I found a piece of 4/4 Superior Walnut x 17" W x 8' long and a piece of nice 5/4 clear Maple x 12"+ W and about 70" long that is slightly warped.  Both will be be planed down to a full 3/4" thickness with one straight edge (S3S).  Hopefully the planning will flatten the maple.  Their prices are NOt cheap but not as bad as one might expect..  These two boards should keep me in project maateial for a while.

They also have a lot of smaller size stock (4/4, 6/4 and 8/4) in the various verieties that I plan to explore for making frames.  The Poplar I have been using is inexpensive, but not very pretty wood and only availabe in 3/4" boards at Lowes or HD.   I would like to add a profile to some of the frames I make, but the wood must be at least 6/4 to do so.

Sorry that this find is only for those who are fairly local to me. 

Thank you Frank I'm about 2.5 hours from there but I travel 2 hours to Lakeland and get my lumber currently so no big difference. Do you by chance know if they have Poplar? If so how much it was a foot?

Also up in that area is www.mainstreamhardwoods.com

I've been up there to him once and he was great to deal with.