Hegner??

kmmcrafts

I just run across this craigslist ad, Does that metal thing sticking up look like the up front tension release? Seems like it'd be a good deal for someone if it is.. Normally I see the orange colored handle but it's either worn off or that's not what I think it is, LOL

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/tls/d/warrenton-hegner-multicut-s-scroll-saw/7264892005.html

I prefer people don't clean up what they are selling. I can get it cheaper when it does not look good. It's all a matter of understanding what you are buying. Hegners do not wear out and if they do repairing with new bushings is a snap. If I were close I would buy it in a heartbeat. Might be able to buy it for a little cheaper. Super easy to clean up.

To answer your question Kevin, yes that is the rear tension release lever. But something doesn't look right about that saw. The black box under and by the motor is the speed control/on/off switch. I can't make out that it has the knob for the speed control. Anyway, if I were you, I'd be hot-footing to wherever that is and buy it. Heck, you could part it out and make money but that's not what I'd do. I think at that price, it's a very good deal. Are you near to where it is? Get going.

Nope too far of a drive for me.. This is in Washington DC / Virginia.. I'm in Michigan.. and have 5 saws.. so don't need or want it bad enough for that kind of drive nor would I pay to have it shipped.. Just seen it but couldn't make out if that was the tension lever or something else.. Could be a good deal for someone I suppose.. I'd buy it if it was within a hour drive or something maybe..

16 hours ago, kmmcrafts said:

Nope too far of a drive for me.. This is in Washington DC / Virginia.. I'm in Michigan.. and have 5 saws.. so don't need or want it bad enough for that kind of drive nor would I pay to have it shipped.. Just seen it but couldn't make out if that was the tension lever or something else.. Could be a good deal for someone I suppose.. I'd buy it if it was within a hour drive or something maybe..

Sorry Kevin, after I posted I checked to see where they were. I was thinking Michigan but when I saw Virginia, I was sorry that I had even said anything. Oh well, it's a deal for somebody.