hey foxfold

red river

12 hours ago, red river said:

Just reread your post and it appears that it was BB ply. However, I need advice on how to spice up my BB ply cuttings as far as color goes. I'm tired of looking at white all the time.

My Basset was done on ¼" B/B that was reclaimed from the inside of a van. It came this colour,, all I did was put some Danish Oil on it.  I understand your frustration though. I find that 3mm B/B is an awful 'white' colour. I've tried 'staining' without much success as I don't like the effect on the inside cuts. I'm going to try and find a 'tinted' Danish Oil and see if that makes a difference.  Sorry I couldn't help much. 🙈

I'm not sure if this is helpful but do any of the wall paneling mfgrs use stained or overlayed BB plywood? Also, I'm not sure but I have seen something called "apple" ply that has a shiny finish to it and is a bit darker. @red river, you might give Cherokee Wood Products a call and talk to Chris. He might be able to put you onto what you are looking for. Cherokeewood.com.