Mandalas

barb.j.enders

1 hour ago, OzarkSawdust said:

Awesome Barb!!! There is no wat on earth I would have the patience to cut that...much less 4 of them! Then all the painting of each layer and putting them all together...perfectly spaced!  Beautiful work!!

Thanks.  These were stack cut, 4 layers of 1/8" bb ply.  Took about 15 hours of cutting.  The coloured ones took about 2 hours to stain.  It was tough getting all the little sides done.  I tried not to get too much on the back so there would be raw wood to glue to the next layer.

On 1/29/2021 at 6:03 AM, Paladin said:

Barb, what did you use to stain?  The colors are really vibrant.

I used a product called Unicorn Spit.  There was a write up in the Scrollsaw magazine a year or so ago.  Found them at a local craft supply house here in Winnipeg.  I was sooo excited to find them!!

7 hours ago, barb.j.enders said:

I used a product called Unicorn Spit.  There was a write up in the Scrollsaw magazine a year or so ago.  Found them at a local craft supply house here in Winnipeg.  I was sooo excited to find them!!

First--beautiful work.

And I have some Unicorn Spit that I used for some ornaments and it is great stuff.