my very first project

stork30

Great work for a first project.

Dan mentioned using printer paper of velum on the inside to make it look a little more finished.  I totally agree.  Another choice is to put some 1/8" thk colored plexiglass inside.  It would add a lot to the project.  I'm attaching a photo of a lamp I did a while ago to give you some idea.  You can find the Plexiglass on line.

54641676_Hummingbirdlamp2.thumb.jpg.292750bb8cb12479f0bfb84c1f0dbea5.jpg

Hello everyone,

Thank you very much for the nice words !

I admit, for a first project is was ambitious ! But working with wood is something I love to do so I jumped in and patiently worked on it.

It is not perfect, I need to work on my straight lines and turns but overall I am happy with the result, I was scared to make a mistake along the way and ruin it but I didn't,

I thought about finishing it with tracing paper inside, but since I don't have a single bulb but 10 micro led I wanted to keep the raw look and be able to see the led inside.

Working on the thin plywood was not difficult, now for my next project I think I will work on ash wood or beech wood, I will take easier patterns to practice

I see on this forum so many amazing work, i love the details and the precision on the cuts. I don't have a lot of spare time but hopefully I will get there one day

Thank you, take care and I will be back soon with a new addition