Shopsmith 20 inch teal colored scroll saw questions

Rick Berman

1995 Shopsmith 20 inch teal colored scroll saw questions. As a newbie in my search for a scroll saw a friend told me that he has one of the these saws he’s willing to part with. He said it works great and and the only thing he’s had to do was put a new belt on it. 

I really have only two questions about it. First, there is no footpedal with it. He says it is a variable speed and you turn it on and set the speed with I switch on the leg. Does anyone know if it’s possible to add a Foot pedal to the machine?

Second question, any idea what this is worth in nice condition? He said it does have the caster set up on it where you step on the pedal and the machine rises so you can roll it. 

i’d sure appreciate any advice you could give me about these saws. Pros/cons or anything else to consider.

Pros/cons or anything else to consider.

Your help is really appreciated. Thanks, Rick

I got a new Shopsmith in 1982 and while I have many of the add-ons I never got the scroll saw. I'm pretty sure if you post your questions on the Shopsmith Forum you'll get the info you need. Here's the link: https://forum.shopsmith.com/

Pricing varies a lot depending on the area and condition. If it's in good shape I'd say somewhere between $500-750.

It's just my two cents, and know that I love my SS, but I'd look elsewhere if scroll sawing is your interest.