Back At It Again

kmmcrafts

I've been off on for the past two weeks on vacation.. traveled to South Carolina spent some time at Folly Beach.. Cut our time short as my daughters ( our )  cat was kind of sick when we left.. and we got a call saying she wasn't doing good so we came home and ended up having to put her down.. she was a good cat for the 20 years she spent with us. I laser engraved a ornament for the Vet that took care of her and one for my daughter.. I forgot to get pictures though.. however I'll be making more since I want a ornament for my tree too, LOL.. 

Anyway, haven't touched the scroll saw for almost 3 weeks now.. I think that's the longest time away from scrolling I have been in the 18 years of the hobby.. Hope I can remember how to use it.. as I have 3 orders I need to get working on.. 

You know you love what you do when while you're on vacation all you can think about is getting back to the shop.. Most people enjoy vacation and don't want to go home and go back to work, 🙂

Here is a picture from the living room of the vacation home we rented. 

BFF4ABDC-1BB2-4795-933C-63CF65FC80D6.jpeg

DE658456-FF98-4CE6-AF08-BB5E521A58F8.jpeg

IMG_1060[6150].jpg

Edited by kmmcrafts

1 minute ago, barb.j.enders said:

So sorry about your cat, it is never an easy decision.

I find that I start getting "itchy" fingers when I haven't been at the saw after a couple of weeks.

Thank you, thankfully the cat was good and healthy except about a week she started kind of going down hill.. and she was really only bad for about a half day so she didn't really suffer or anything.. being she was 20 years old we all knew it was going to be coming sooner than later. Hit my daughter pretty hard as she and the cat were like two peas in a pod.. plus my daughter is 22 years old so that cat was around her whole life.. 

She was a beautiful fur baby.  It's one of the toughest decisions to make even when you know it's for their good, I hate it.  So sorry for your loss.
That is one awesome view.  So peaceful looking.
The most I have spent away from my saw is 13 weeks when we had a holiday in the UK.  Could not wait to get back to it.

Marg

Kevin

So sorry to hear about having to put your cat down. We had a siamese for 19 1/2 years so i kindof know where your coming from. We also had 2 other cats that had to be put down because of illness.

Those little pets just become part of the family and bring much joy. It's so sad when they are sick and we have to put them down. We have a dog now who is getting older and we fear it wont be long and we will have to do it again. He will be our last pet. We're too old to take on any new little kitties or puppies. Like you, I still have my scrollin' to keep me somewhat busy.

Ben