Totally Destroyed

kmmcrafts

17 hours ago, kmmcrafts said:

About 10 or so years ago I had a customer request a special cross for a remembrance piece for their father. I made one of these crosses for each of the kids whos father had passed.. At the time they was cut from spalted maple as shown in the photo.. I had a large amount of it given to me.. and still have most of it left.. Beautiful wood but for fret scrolling the light and dark streaks takes away from the cutting.. 

Anyway the customer contacted me a couple weeks back when I was on Vacation and said sadly her brothers house had burnt to the ground and he lost everything.. asked if I could make another one similar.. Fortunately I save ALL my custom order patterns.. well I save any patterns I have cut and sold in a special folder and back it up onto thumb drives and disc etc.. so I knew where to look for the design.. Talk about customer service... I made the piece for them and mailed it out totally free of charge and thanked her for doing business with me back when I was first starting my online selling venture.. 🙂

First picture is the original.. second is the replacement I made.. Due to the spalted maple wood grain I didn't cut out the leaf decor on the originals.. I cut the second one from a piece of Poplar.. Kind of wish I had done it out of cherry but that poplar board was just staring at me like choose me me me.. LOL Turns out his favorite wood is lighter colored wood so it all worked out great in the end.

151697587_489591209096166_2908220371651616546_n (1).jpg

159117814_732850587388564_3615663326167061523_n.jpg

Well done

On 3/10/2021 at 6:01 AM, kmmcrafts said:

About 10 or so years ago I had a customer request a special cross for a remembrance piece for their father. I made one of these crosses for each of the kids whos father had passed.. At the time they was cut from spalted maple as shown in the photo.. I had a large amount of it given to me.. and still have most of it left.. Beautiful wood but for fret scrolling the light and dark streaks takes away from the cutting.. 

Anyway the customer contacted me a couple weeks back when I was on Vacation and said sadly her brothers house had burnt to the ground and he lost everything.. asked if I could make another one similar.. Fortunately I save ALL my custom order patterns.. well I save any patterns I have cut and sold in a special folder and back it up onto thumb drives and disc etc.. so I knew where to look for the design.. Talk about customer service... I made the piece for them and mailed it out totally free of charge and thanked her for doing business with me back when I was first starting my online selling venture.. 🙂

First picture is the original.. second is the replacement I made.. Due to the spalted maple wood grain I didn't cut out the leaf decor on the originals.. I cut the second one from a piece of Poplar.. Kind of wish I had done it out of cherry but that poplar board was just staring at me like choose me me me.. LOL Turns out his favorite wood is lighter colored wood so it all worked out great in the end.

151697587_489591209096166_2908220371651616546_n (1).jpg

159117814_732850587388564_3615663326167061523_n.jpg

memorial plaques are so special to the one with the lost love. I have made a lot of pieces and given them away over the years. In fact I mailed one to a couple who's son died last week. They mean so much to the ones that get them, as is very apparent in your case here. Often people see me and thank me for the memorial plaques I gave them years ago and I don't even remember that I made them one. They sure outlast the cards and flower they got at the same time

Dick

heppnerguy