Thin Wood Availability

Hi folks. I,be run across a lack of supply for some thin dimensional woods. In the 12" wide and also some 10" wide species. I.ve planned out a project that I will need 1/8" x 12" x 24" walnut and maple. I contacted Ocooch and it will be a couple of months at the earliest they will have stock. Anybody have thoughts obout availability problems?

Finished the last winter project:

IMG_0460.HEIC

IMG_0460.HEIC

IMG_0459.HEIC

I haven't bought thin wood in 8-10 years.. since I got my own planer and bandsaw etc.. BUT, when I did buy it I got it from this place.. Not sure how they are to deal with these days and to be honest I only bought from them a couple times because I can get 1/8 + inch locally.. I was getting 1/16 and 1/32 from them for a certain  project I was doing...

https://www.ebay.com/sch/deer56hunter/m.html?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEFSXS%3AMESOI&_trksid=p2053788.m1543.l2654

Check out Cherokee Woodworking Product, under woodworking supplies then scrollsaw wood.... They have it in 1/8" what ever length you require,  May have to glue two board together to get 12"wide.   I have always gotten great service and produce from them.  Worth calling and talking to them.

@Rockytime here are the pictures you were trying to open, converted to jpeg.   Going to be a beautiful project.. finescrollsaw.com pattern #81..  

IMG_0459.jpg

IMG_0460 (1).jpg

1 minute ago, Scrappile said:

Check out Cherokee Woodworking Product, under woodworking supplies then scrollsaw wood.... They have it in 1/8" what ever length you require,  May have to glue two board together to get 12"wide.   I have always gotten great service and produce from them.  Worth calling and talking to them.

@Rockytime here are the pictures you were trying to open, converted to jpeg.   Going to be a beautiful project.. finescrollsaw.com pattern #81..  

IMG_0459.jpg

IMG_0460 (1).jpg

Thanks, the photos are great!

I can second Cherokee Wood Products. Call and ask for Chris. Tell him what you want/need. Maybe include pics of our project so he can see. They have done a lot of special stuff for the scrollers. And they try very hard to keep shipping costs down. Great company and Chris is the best.

cherokeewood.com

Look up Richard's Craft Woods on the internet. This is where I buy all my thin stock from. His website may not be much to look at but he has high quality thin stock. He ships all over the US. I'm may be lucky since this shop is about a 10 minute drive from the house. Actually unlucky because every time I go out there I spend a ton of money.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2021 at 11:16 AM, meflick said:

I’m assuming this is site @Bpardue Brian is referring to. 
https://www.richardscraftwood.com

I plan to check it out since it would not be too far from me here in East Tn which means wouldn’t take long to get package. 😉 

correct Richard is great to deal with and he know more about wood than I care to know. If you get what I'm saying. He loves to talk

• 3 weeks later...