Do I have the rights to brag hahaha

zena

3 minutes ago, lawson56 said:

Sure why not? And your gonna have fun breaking many more.😃 I have been Scrolling for over 20yrs and I have broken more blades than I care to count. If they had a Broken Blade Patch I would Proudly ware it, cause I Love Scrollin.👍

Im going to put my brocken ones in a container so one day I can count them lol

19 hours ago, zena said:

Im going to put my brocken ones in a container so one day I can count them lol

Go to the chemist and ask for a small sharps container (they are free), great for storing old or broken blades.
You jinxed your self bragging about not breaking a blade.  :lol:

Marg

10 hours ago, wombatie said:

Go to the chemist and ask for a small sharps container (they are free), great for storing old or broken blades.
You jinxed your self bragging about not breaking a blade.  :lol:

Marg

Hey thank you that is a awosme idea, yes I think I did jinx myself, I shouldhave shut my mouth lol

12 hours ago, trackman said:

Been scrolling for 11 years and maybe had 5 break. Must be doing something wrong by with you guys are saying. Don’t know what you do to break one 🤔 I have bent them and straighten it out and keep cutting. Just lucky I guess. 

I only brock one because im new to scroll sawing and me and my big mouth bragging that i hadnt brocken one yet, I jinxed myself,s should have kept my big mouth shut as it happened lol

26 minutes ago, Mimi said:

I keep all my bent and broken blades in a metal tin. I probably have at least 4 years worth.  I wonder if you save enough of them if I can take them to a metal recycle place and get some money for them. Maybe a couple of cents . Just a thought. 

Maybe that is something to lok into 🙂

On 3/28/2021 at 10:44 AM, Mimi said:

I keep all my bent and broken blades in a metal tin. I probably have at least 4 years worth.  I wonder if you save enough of them if I can take them to a metal recycle place and get some money for them. Maybe a couple of cents . Just a thought. 

Out of curiosity, I checked scrap prices at the local recycler.  They're currently paying $7.00 per 100 lb for "steel turnings", which I presume is the type of scrap that machine shops would generate (kind of like sawdust & chips, only steel).  That would probably be the closest estimation for what broken scroll saw blades would bring in scrap.  Anyone have any idea how many scroll saw blades it takes to weigh a pound?

On 4/2/2021 at 1:10 AM, Bill WIlson said:

Out of curiosity, I checked scrap prices at the local recycler.  They're currently paying $7.00 per 100 lb for "steel turnings", which I presume is the type of scrap that machine shops would generate (kind of like sawdust & chips, only steel).  That would probably be the closest estimation for what broken scroll saw blades would bring in scrap.  Anyone have any idea how many scroll saw blades it takes to weigh a pound?

Oh I think it would be a huge amount as there not much weight in a blade lol

lol ahh the wounderful  world of scrolling!!  lol  im glad im not the only one who breaks and saves scroll saw blades. lol  I often use the broken blades in  my craft projects. for instance when i made the small 3d modle of paul bunin I used a broken peice of scroll  saw blade with 2 small pices of wood on each end to make a saw , then I put a small twig across 2 pieces of dowl  and inbeded the saw into the twig.  with the small compound cut or carving patterns they can be used in several different ways...I have used them to make the spikes on the backs small compound cut dragons .  by making a small slit in the back of the dragon I can slide the flat part of the blade into the grove and once painted it makes the spikes on the dragons back.  they can also be used is layered picture patterns as grass the  bigger  the teeth on the broken blade the higher the grass will be, this helps give the picture more of a 3d effect. you could also us them as the runners on small skates and sleds....you just inbed the side with the teeth into the wood so that the flat piece is visable. its kind of cheating in way i guess because it saves me from having to  cut those kind of pieces out of wood. yea i know im a strange creature who does strange things  but as long as it works lol besides its a great way to recycle the blades. lol