Do I have the rights to brag hahaha

zena

3 hours ago, dragonkort2 said:

lol ahh the wounderful  world of scrolling!!  lol  im glad im not the only one who breaks and saves scroll saw blades. lol  I often use the broken blades in  my craft projects. for instance when i made the small 3d modle of paul bunin I used a broken peice of scroll  saw blade with 2 small pices of wood on each end to make a saw , then I put a small twig across 2 pieces of dowl  and inbeded the saw into the twig.  with the small compound cut or carving patterns they can be used in several different ways...I have used them to make the spikes on the backs small compound cut dragons .  by making a small slit in the back of the dragon I can slide the flat part of the blade into the grove and once painted it makes the spikes on the dragons back.  they can also be used is layered picture patterns as grass the  bigger  the teeth on the broken blade the higher the grass will be, this helps give the picture more of a 3d effect. you could also us them as the runners on small skates and sleds....you just inbed the side with the teeth into the wood so that the flat piece is visable. its kind of cheating in way i guess because it saves me from having to  cut those kind of pieces out of wood. yea i know im a strange creature who does strange things  but as long as it works lol besides its a great way to recycle the blades. lol 

Wow thank you, they are good suggestions for the blades, Thank you for that. with the sleds and skates we dont get snow or ice here I wish we did get a little bit so can have some fun in it lol

lol your welcomed.  Im kind of real into recycling.  one of the things that keeps me out of my wood shop as much as id like to be is making plarn.  its a plastic yarn you make out of plastic bags....then you can use it to crochet all sorts of things!! I have a huge bag of plastic bags in the gragrae just waiting to be made into plarn then crocheted into other things lol thats why you dont see me posting a lot of projects....i split my time between woodworking knitting crocheting machine emboridy sewing and plastic canvas...... i THINK thats the whole list lol and im also trying to learn how to use my cnc machine and slowly gitting all the supplys i need to make expoy resin mols and if i can ever get spike to get me some plaster of pairs i can use my other molds with that. lol always so much to do and never enough time to them all !!  i also have a 3d printer i want to learn how to use IF i ever get the cnc machine up and running. snow....well we havent gotten to much snow here lately..just some light dusting, no more then 2 or 3 inches.... it makes spike and i laugh though as they have closed the schools sighting bad weather we look out the windos and say where is it?  lol  things have changed since we were kids a lot!!  wed have snow above our knees and sub zero temps and we STILL HAD TO GO TO SCHOOL lol now a days your lucky if you get enough snow to make a snowman let alone a decent snow fort for snowball fights lol but becareful what you wish for... you could wind  up getting a blizzard next winter lol those are always fun lol