I have been experimenting.

wombatie

Recently I cut some thin aluminum (I cut a Kokopelli) and found it real easy to work with but I wanted something thicker, so I went to our local store and got a piece of steel about 2.5mm thick.  I found trying to cut it to the size I wanted a bit hard going because it would not glide.  Eventually got it cut with my husbands help and attached it to a scrap piece of ply for a backer to help it glide and using a No. 9 Metal Cutting Jewelers blade I set to work.  I broke 2 blades before I had the first hole cut.  Boy was it slow going.  I doubt if I will ever finish it but at least now I know that is can be done if the pattern, firstly does not have a lot of small cuts and secondly you are not in a hurry.  ;):)

Marg

I haven't thought of cutting metal yet, but thanks for the heads up - I didn't know there were special jeweler blades either.

As an FYI - not sure how but that sheet was and how small you needed to get it, but for cutting metal I have this saw:

https://www.harborfreight.com/6-in-55-amp-cut-off-saw-61204.html - I make my own pipe clamps with it and it can cut small sheets as well

But, if you're not going to cut this again doesn't really matter LOL