A very special puzzle

Badgerboy

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/4/2021 at 8:20 AM, Badgerboy said:

I cut this Harvey Byler puzzle recently out of poplar using #1&3 pegas blades.  The puzzle is rather simple and a quick cut but the person that requested it and the recipient are both very amazing people.  

We have had the great pleasure of “adopting” 3 young ladies who were Clemson University students several years ago through a program at our church, to give them a home away from home as they attended college.  One of the young ladies, Abbey, is now a NICU nurse at Vanderbilt University Hospital in Nashville dedicating her life to helping save babies and young children who have had a difficult start in life. During a recent visit home she requested this puzzle for a baby boy who was born prematurely at 23 weeks.  Jacob has spent the first 8 months of his life at the hospital and Abbey was assigned his case.  Jacob’s father is a huge tractor fan and decorated his home nursery with all kinds of tractor paraphernalia.  This puzzle is a gift to Jacob to celebrate his discharge from the hospital.  We wish many blessings on Jacob and Abbey in addition to all the healthcare workers who give their time and passion to serve those in need in hospitals across this great nation.  

656BE2D8-779A-4300-83E5-4985BA893DCC.jpeg

What a wonderful story. It really touched my heart. I sure hope this little guy gets to grow into adulthood and I am sure he will love this tractor puzzle to show to his family, should he be that lucky to have one. I also really like the story about Abby as we had an exchange student who lived with us for one of her high school years. That was 12 years ago.  We were lucky enough to be able to go to her high school graduation and have seen her finish her College and is now an architect. She visited us once more two years ago here in Arizona. She, like Abby is for you, a part of our family that we love as our own

Dick

heppnerguy