Green horn here

padraig

I just joined yesterday and have a couple of questions which I posted on the intro forum. These are pics that go with the questions if anyone can help. Supplementary question is what's that little  attachment on the right front corner of the table for? And any idea where I might get a user manual. Clarke only hold 16 inch models Thanks.

20210508_093939.jpg

20210508_093640.jpg

20210508_094002.jpg

20210508_093628.jpg

20210508_093619.jpg

20210508_093726.jpg

Welcome to the Village!

I don't know anything about this brand of saw, don't think I've ever seen one in person but have seen images online from time to time.  I'm guessing this saw has removable blade holders and that piece on the right corner in your third picture looks to me like a fixture to hold that blade holder while you tighten the screw to hold the blade. So yeah it's a blade holders holder to tighten the blade down.. 

Ok thanks for that I change the blade by taking off the tension then applying tension once its seated. Cant see any other way 😃 and yes I've been on there. Basically there is little difference between mine and those listed apart from I have a fixed speed and ab 18 inch throat, my table is cast iron and I cant take pinless blades although there is an adaptor for that I believe. Also I found another fret blade in my shed with 5 inch dimensions and it works so looks like blade length isn't critical. Both blades are pretty blunt I think. I'll order a few and see how it goes. I've got a bit of foam rubber to bolt it to a little bench so that will probably make a difference. Now all I need is inspiration