I thought I would get in on the fun and post a few of the birds that I have made. I hope you all overlook the lack of talent and be nice to me.

On 5/19/2021 at 3:03 PM, heppnerguy said:

I want to thank everyone who posted and those who 'liked' my posts. It was really nice to receive the compliments. I love scrolling but I need to give a lot more attention to my finishing. I just don't seem to catch on to that part very well

Dick

heppnerguy

They are excellent!  If you stick with the Corian versions (which looks great), that will help you in the finishing department.  Well done!

On 5/17/2021 at 4:03 AM, Joe W. said:

R U kidding me? - Expert work!!!!

I've been distracted with an outdoor project and your pieces make me want to take a break from it all and do some cutting.

It is the time of the year when the outdoors calls for your attention in most of the states, but hear it  runs me inside or in my air conditioned shop, most of the day as every day is in triple digits here in Southern  Arizona. I walk at 6am and take a stab at the outdoor projects so as to try and have them done by 8 am  before it gets too warm for me.

Dick

heppnerguy

On 5/29/2021 at 5:12 PM, octoolguy said:

Dick, we may be moving to one of the suburbs around Phoenix next year so I will have to take lessons from you. We will be looking at all the 55+ Sun City developments. Home prices there are still affordable.

The houses are going up quickly here as the Phoenix area is in fluxed with 200 families moving here per day, on an average for quite some time  now. Most homes are only on the market for 5 days or less and the asking prices are using a starting point for them and are often offered above that in order to get the house. I wouldn't wait much longer to look. We live about an hour south of Sun City.   That would be really cool  if you were to move in our area. I would  really like to get to know you on a personal basis.

Dick

heppnerguy

8 hours ago, heppnerguy said:

The houses are going up quickly here as the Phoenix area is in fluxed with 200 families moving here per day, on an average for quite some time  now. Most homes are only on the market for 5 days or less and the asking prices are using a starting point for them and are often offered above that in order to get the house. I wouldn't wait much longer to look. We live about an hour south of Sun City.   That would be really cool  if you were to move in our area. I would  really like to get to know you on a personal basis.

Dick

heppnerguy

Been watching Realtor.com and they send me new listings and price drops. Lots to choose from. We just have to be sure moving into an oven is the right thing to do. It's tough giving up our beach weather. Today it's in the mid 60's. I'm in Meteor Crater and it's HOT!

Just now, octoolguy said:

Been watching Realtor.com and they send me new listings and price drops. Lots to choose from. We just have to be sure moving into an oven is the right thing to do. It's tough giving up our beach weather. Today it's in the mid 60's. I'm in Meteor Crater and it's HOT!

I understand exactly what you are talking about. I take the extra hot summer to the cold and ice, any time. I never snows in Casa Grande and the population here is way smaller then Phoenix area and the traffic is more to my liking. It is 102 here right now but in one month we will go to Oregon for two months and enjoy the much milder summer there. So far that has worked for us. Our rainy times are few and far between but it does get down to almost freezing temperatures for a short period of time but no snow or ice. One of the strangest things about living here for me is seeing Christmas decorations up when the daily temperature is warm enough for the tops on the convertibles to be down and enjoying the rather warn and sunny days.

Dick

heppnerguy

2 minutes ago, heppnerguy said:

I understand exactly what you are talking about. I take the extra hot summer to the cold and ice, any time. I never snows in Casa Grande and the population here is way smaller then Phoenix area and the traffic is more to my liking. It is 102 here right now but in one month we will go to Oregon for two months and enjoy the much milder summer there. So far that has worked for us. Our rainy times are few and far between but it does get down to almost freezing temperatures for a short period of time but no snow or ice. One of the strangest things about living here for me is seeing Christmas decorations up when the daily temperature is warm enough for the tops on the convertibles to be down and enjoying the rather warn and sunny days.

Dick

heppnerguy

We have tossed around finding some place to escape to. Our RVing days are behind us once we get home. Too old and the highways suck. We've wintered in Mesa at a huge resort and loved tge weather. I know the summers are very hot but for what? 3 months? Maybe we could rent a place in the White Mtns or some other cool place. We're going to go looking in the Fall. Time will tell.

10 minutes ago, octoolguy said:

We have tossed around finding some place to escape to. Our RVing days are behind us once we get home. Too old and the highways suck. We've wintered in Mesa at a huge resort and loved tge weather. I know the summers are very hot but for what? 3 months? Maybe we could rent a place in the White Mtns or some other cool place. We're going to go looking in the Fall. Time will tell.

Keep me posted on your plans.. Sounds interesting to me.

Dick

heppnerguy