Book: Circular Scroll Saw Designs by Charles Hand

Received this book today and there are many patters in it I like and I'm sure I will make most BUT Fox Chapel's printing of this book Absolutely SUCKS. Most of the patterns are printed so near into the binding that it is impossible to either scan to .PDF or use a copy machine. I will have to cut out each pattern separately or cut off about an 1/8" of the entire binding edge to gat a usable pattern. I don't buy books to cut up and this the last Fox Chapel book I will purchase.

On 5/17/2021 at 9:31 PM, Tom-in-Ashland said:

Received this book today and there are many patters in it I like and I'm sure I will make most BUT Fox Chapel's printing of this book Absolutely SUCKS. Most of the patterns are printed so near into the binding that it is impossible to either scan to .PDF or use a copy machine. I will have to cut out each pattern separately or cut off about an 1/8" of the entire binding edge to gat a usable pattern. I don't buy books to cut up and this the last Fox Chapel book I will purchase.

I agree completely. I have had the same problem.

Debind it.
Is there enough room to put holes in the pages to put the book in a binder?

That's what I did with my introductory scroll saw book.  I used a razor as I didn't have my scroll saw yet but it should be relatively easy with the scroll saw to cut off the binding then you can take the pages out and they'll be flat so you can scan them and make a copy as a pattern.