Inclinometers

If you're wanting to tilt the table for cutting angles you don't use an inclinometer, use a digital protractor like a Wixey found on Amazon. Very inexpensive. Works great on the table saw. The Wixey is magnetic so hopfully your table is cast iron or steel, otherwise you can still hold it.

I've been using a cheap analog gauge for degrees from Harbor Freight.

You have to wait for it to settle down but it's alright.  The digital ones are nicer.  Just make sure the Table/Stand you saw is on is 0 degree or it won't work correctly.  I've also tried to use an angle finder, the type you can put to an angle and then lock down, it's just to long for what I'm trying to do.

If you have certain angles you commonly use you can just make some cuts into a block of scrap wood at the desired angles. I have one I use regularly to check to make sure the table is square and didn't get moved. If it fits on the front and spin it around to the back side of the blade and it fits in the slot the blade is at 90

21 hours ago, Jim Erickson said:

Table is aluminum.  Digital protractor eh?  Thanks.  Jim

Here's a link to the Wixey digital angle gauge. https://www.amazon.com/Wixey-WR300-Type-Digital-Backlight/dp/B00T6YZ0K6/ref=sr_1_3?crid=78J10XSPNH82&dchild=1&keywords=wixey+digital+angle+gauge&qid=1621609852&sprefix=wixe%2Caps%2C209&sr=8-3

I've had one for about 10 years. Works great. As Les noted it has a magnetic base. No problem for an aluminum table. My table saw table is aluminum, no issues. One thing of note, at least in mine. For some reason it always seems to draw current, even when off. So it's best to remove the battery when not in use. I've never used it on a scroll saw, I use a small tri square. Nothing I do on a scroll saw needs any more accuracy than that.

5 hours ago, Algae said:

There is an app on my iPhone to measure inclination.  It is in my "Utilities" app, "Measure" and "Level".  If you have an iPhone you might try that and let us know if it works for this purpose.  

I have two of these apps on my phone. They are close but no cigar. The Wixey is very accurate .