For my boss

flarud

My boss's sister passed away last year.  A few months ago I made him an over-sized heart key chain with her name on it.  A few weeks ago his mother came down and saw it and loved it.  He asked me if I could make something for her with her daughter's name on it.  
Wayne made me a pattern of something he uses for people who have passed away.  I finally finished it last night.  Wayne, thank you very much for the pattern!

I used a FD UR1 which I had to practice with to get the hang of a regular blade again after using spirals for so long!  1/4" BB ply with 1/8" ply as the backer stained with something I found in the shop.  Rattle can spray for the finish. 

20210616_122057.thumb.jpg.87e879ac3eb6d8ae6a51c8b702ac615c.jpg

8 hours ago, flarud said:

My boss's sister passed away last year.  A few months ago I made him an over-sized heart key chain with her name on it.  A few weeks ago his mother came down and saw it and loved it.  He asked me if I could make something for her with her daughter's name on it.  
Wayne made me a pattern of something he uses for people who have passed away.  I finally finished it last night.  Wayne, thank you very much for the pattern!

I used a FD UR1 which I had to practice with to get the hang of a regular blade again after using spirals for so long!  1/4" BB ply with 1/8" ply as the backer stained with something I found in the shop.  Rattle can spray for the finish. 

20210616_122057.thumb.jpg.87e879ac3eb6d8ae6a51c8b702ac615c.jpg

I have also made a lot of plaques  for people that have lost a mate or a loved one. I get so many 'thank you's' from the  receivers of them, some several years later. These wooden pieces are very special to the people that get them and they way outlast the flowers and other nice things people might receive during the  time of their loss.

That is an extremely nice looking project. It is easy to see why you got a request for it. Great job

Dick

heppnerguy

3 hours ago, heppnerguy said:

I have also made a lot of plaques  for people that have lost a mate or a loved one. I get so many 'thank you's' from the  receivers of them, some several years later. These wooden pieces are very special to the people that get them and they way outlast the flowers and other nice things people might receive during the  time of their loss.

That is an extremely nice looking project. It is easy to see why you got a request for it. Great job

Dick

heppnerguy

I totally agree with you.  I have made several items for people that have passed over the last few years, actually too many.  But they are a nice custom piece.  My boss, who I made this for actually sent me flowers a couple of months ago when a brother-in-law passed away.