Another one for my wife

heppnerguy

16 hours ago, Tomanydogs said:

What ever you’re not happy with, I don’t see it. I like it. Well done. 

It was a super easy piece but I had a ridiculous amount of trouble for no reason. I  told my wife it probably will look ok if it is viewed from across the room. I definitely need to do another one for  her or stop getting older. Not sure which one will be easier.

Dick

heppnerguy

22 hours ago, Dragonkort said:

im with everyone else looks fantastic to me!!! 

I did a good job cutting it but not so good finishing it. I had to break it loose because it was not going well, and start the gluing all over again. I was going to put a riser in one place but I had placed the piece where the riser was going, in place  to be sure I got the other pieces in their proper spot. well I guess some glue from the pieces next to it go onto the backer board and I could not remove it so I could put the riser in place,,,hence it did not come out as expected, so I am not very happy with it.

Thank you for the nice support anyway. I do appreciate all the support that if  given to everyone in The Village, even it the project is not very well done. The wrong criticism could really hurt or discourage a newby. 

Dick

heppnerguy

17 hours ago, spirithorse said:

Nicely done, Dick!
Thanks for sharing and God Bless! Spirithorse

I am not very happy with it but I just wanted others to know I am still working in my shop. I seem to not being able to come up with the quality I know I can do. I am wondering if my age has anything to do with that or something like that. I can see ok and I have slowed down with my cutting too. Just cant seem to get things done as expected. I have so many patterns that I want to cut too.

Dick

heppnerguy

i dont know if it has anything to do with age or not but iv noticed the same thing. It seems to take me a lot longer to do a project then it used and like you i keep thinking i used to make better looking things and more impressive things back in my 20s 30s the ex would come home and tell me hed entered us in a craft fair for the weekend and id have to wip up a bunch of new stuff for it. He never wanted to take all the same kinds of things we took to the last one. somehow i managed to clean my house cook dinner from scratch and take care of 3 small children while still manageing to get at least one new box of projects done.  I was always in the shop...these days it takes me a day just to trace some patterns and put them on wood let alone cut anything out. my mom used to tell me we slow down a bit as we get older...maybe thats it. what ever the reason im just glad i can do my crafts again

On 6/25/2021 at 4:05 PM, Dragonkort said:

i dont know if it has anything to do with age or not but iv noticed the same thing. It seems to take me a lot longer to do a project then it used and like you i keep thinking i used to make better looking things and more impressive things back in my 20s 30s the ex would come home and tell me hed entered us in a craft fair for the weekend and id have to wip up a bunch of new stuff for it. He never wanted to take all the same kinds of things we took to the last one. somehow i managed to clean my house cook dinner from scratch and take care of 3 small children while still manageing to get at least one new box of projects done.  I was always in the shop...these days it takes me a day just to trace some patterns and put them on wood let alone cut anything out. my mom used to tell me we slow down a bit as we get older...maybe thats it. what ever the reason im just glad i can do my crafts again

I think your mother was right....they often are. I will just keep plugging away until I get to a point where it just is more work then fun for me. I love scrolling so much but it just seems to get more difficult to do, sometimes. I still enjoy the idea that  I can take a plain old piece of wood and actually turn it into something I enjoy, and often, so do others.

Dick

heppnerguy

• 4 weeks later...

yes im sure she was lol but like you i keep plugging away and just enjoy doing the crafts...  spike keeps telling me i should simply work on just one project at a time. Right now im sewing 2 reglious playmats....crocheting graphed dish/wash rags, as well as winter hats and i have 2 knob doors and windos to sand and then finish not sure how im going to do that... leave them unstained unpainted or stain or paint them  some small knob compound cuts to cut out as well as as a folder full of patterns ready to put on wood.  now if i just had the energy to do it all!! lol iv found a ton of things to make for people for christmas and since i am so slow these days im starting early lol