Curly Bill by Charles Dearing

Charlie E

I've seen this cut a couple of times and decided I needed a bad guy for the cowboy section of my shop walls. I made a couple of changes since I cut it on a smaller piece of red oak, about 5 1/2 X 7 1/2. I preferred it without a tongue also so I removed that. :) Not that any changes were needed. Charles is the man. Just personal preference. Well, bye!

Curly Bill Cutting.jpg

45 minutes ago, dgman said:

Nice cutting Charlie, but who is Curly Bill?

William Brocius, better known as Curly Bill Brocius, was a gunman, rustler and an outlaw Cowboy in the Cochise County area of the Arizona Territory during the late 1870s and early 1880s. This is him as portrayed by Powers Boothe in the movie Tombstone.

My favorite movie Tombstone. I can hear his voice.  

It is a technique to torture someone to cut tongues out. 😶

I have Doc and Wyatt in my home office. They are water colors. Also have a great photo of saguaro catus.

The other gunsliger I have is of more modern time.  Tom Brady. Also water color from same artist.

For your piece, just for fun you might consider adding some bullit holes to make it more authenic. No not on him , just around him. 

Your work captured his facial expressions well.  The mustache is at the correct angle. The lines on the right side of the board are great. Yes tongues can be awkward at times.  They can detract from from the art piece.