Puppy Coin Bank

Denny Knappen

20 hours ago, Denny Knappen said:

A Puppy Coin Bank finished for a great grandchild. The pattern is by Paul Meisel and found in one of the issues of SWWC. If you want to know which one, message me. The body is 3/4" Pine and the ears are 1/2" Walnut. Finished with one coat spray Shellac and two coats Minmax spray Lacquer Clear satin. Comments welcome.

Puppy Coin Bank 062921.JPG

Excellent.

I really like it Denny. Reminds me of the children's banks I used to make 25 or so years ago. I still have some of those oval lexan side plates I purchased from Meisel Hardware.  I installed a musical bank slot movement in mine. It played a tune every time you dropped a coin in it. Unfortunately, they are no longer available. The kids loved those banks.

Very nice Denny. They are great hits, I made heaps many years ago and they sold well. Haven't done any for quite a while now.
@ben2008 I have about 20 of those musical movements. I thought they would be a great idea, unfortunately they are not large enough to accept our 50c piece. It was great idea while it lasted :)