Beach Party Scroll Saw Challenge

Travis

On 7/1/2021 at 10:41 AM, ChelCass said:

Ok I know this isn't Scrollsaw however it is Beach themed.  I also do mini Scenes.  Here is  some I did for our Master Bath which is Beached themed.

3-11-2019 (4).JPGCup 1. Boat, surf board, seagull on pier and whale are from E-Bay, Rocks are aquarium stones, coffee cup is from a yard sale and blue is spray foam painted blue.    Cup 2. Lighthouse is from Hubby's collection, Rocks are aquarium stones, flowers from Dollar Tree. Coffee Cup from yard sale and water is spray foam painted blue with white painted waves.   Cup 3. Lighthouse is from Hubby's collection, Rock if out of farmers field next door.  4. Whale is from E-Bay, shell is from a beach in Florida, stones are aquarium stones.  5. Fairy is from E-bay, Shell is from a Beach, Whales and starfish are from E-Bay and stones are aquarium stones.  Ray, I hope this helps.  

3-16-2020 Coffee Cup  (6).JPG

2-16-2020 Lighthouse on rock .JPG

4-1-2020 SSurfing Dolphin  (2).JPG

3-17-2020  Surfing Fairy  (2).JPG

What a Great theme idea.  You sure turned your room into an adventure

On 7/6/2021 at 6:23 PM, octoolguy said:

That's beautiful. I've never seen a paint by numbers done that well. And your scrollsaw renditon ain't half bad either. Congrats to both of you.

Oh My, My cousin would have a heart attic if she heard you calling her painting a paint by number...................LOL  She is a fairly well known artist in Rhode Island and she painted that for us several years ago.

5 hours ago, ChelCass said:

Oh My, My cousin would have a heart attic if she heard you calling her painting a paint by number...................LOL  She is a fairly well known artist in Rhode Island and she painted that for us several years ago.

I was referring to Munzieb's photo of the paint by numbers beach scene that his wife did. It's so well done it doesn't look like a paint by numbers.

On 7/14/2021 at 1:16 PM, octoolguy said:

I was referring to Munzieb's photo of the paint by numbers beach scene that his wife did. It's so well done it doesn't look like a paint by numbers.

Ray and members, I need to clarify and apologize for the information of this beach lighthouse picture. I referenced a paint by numbers but after discussing it with my wife,  it was actually a puzzle we did several years ago. We gifted the puzzle but kept the picture used to assemble it and used the picture to make the pattern for this plaque. The original is called  Beach Lighthouse Adirondack Chair. Excuse my dull and fading memory but I still use sharp scroll saw blades.🥴

1 hour ago, munzieb said:

Ray and members, I need to clarify and apologize for the information of this beach lighthouse picture. I referenced a paint by numbers but after discussing it with my wife,  it was actually a puzzle we did several years ago. We gifted the puzzle but kept the picture used to assemble it and used the picture to make the pattern for this plaque. The original is called  Beach Lighthouse Adirondack Chair. Excuse my dull and fading memory but I still use sharp scroll saw blades.🥴

Well, thanks for the clarification as I had NEVER seen anybody do a "paint by numbers" that came out looking as professional as that. Now I can rest easier.

• 2 weeks later...

I love puzzles, especially animal puzzles, and this one is especially fun for kids because you can hide a little Jonah inside that rattles around, so if they solve the puzzle, they rescue Jonah! 

The only challenge I found was doing these is they are thick hardwood, meaning it’s difficult to eject the sawdust, and the blade tends to wander and tends to overheat.

DBCBE912-BA63-480F-AA4C-784F42CEB788.jpeg

6A31D7EC-7645-4132-B133-9FA3864A26A6.jpeg

2BFA0A04-946F-49D2-9CF2-AED392B491A7.jpeg

88B81455-A064-4CEC-9430-00F58B7CFC74.jpeg

F269D12E-6D87-4ACB-BD0F-99F3AE04E133.jpeg

• Travis unpinned this topic