Update on showing my work in a Fine Art Gallery

FrankEV

7 hours ago, octoolguy said:

That's great Frank. I'd love to see some pics of what you are selling. And what you are getting for them just to give me an idea of what others might do. I'd like to make for sale but have no idea what to start with.

Most of what I have posted in Bragging Rights, unless specifically noted that I cut it for someone special like "Alucard" that i did for my Grandson, all of my pieces are either on disply or are shown in a portfolio of glossy 8x10 prints on the table in my area.   Right now I have about 18 framed pieces hanging as well as a few boxes.  I just added the Seahorse lamp I made a few weeks ago.  I rotate pieces so the disply does not become stagnent.

For my framed pieces I base my prices on complexity and what I deem to be a high desirable piece.   The posted prices vary from one to two dollars per square inch of panel size.  The curator of the gallery keeps telling me my prices should be higher.   However, I 'm happy with this price range and makes my work a little beit more affordable for many of those who frequent the Gallery.

Great result and many congratulations on your future success. I wish there were places like this in Scotland. My local gallery will stock/sell my work but I refuse to work with them, as an example, if I want a fair £20 for a piece then the gallery charges twice that meaning they get the same money as me just for selling it ???

7 hours ago, don watson said:

Great result and many congratulations on your future success. I wish there were places like this in Scotland. My local gallery will stock/sell my work but I refuse to work with them, as an example, if I want a fair £20 for a piece then the gallery charges twice that meaning they get the same money as me just for selling it ???

Darned "capitalism"!