custom pendant

Wichman

Here is a custom unique piece at the request of a customer. It's a name in Arabic.

1 1/4" X 1/3/4" x 1/4 unknown wood, probably a maple. Cut with a FD polar # 2 followed by a spiral blade. Used bits of toothpicks to support the center of the right hand letter, used superglue to attach the piece; then a light coat of superglue on all surfaces, buffed and then 2 coats of clear, gloss, spar varnish:20210717_000010.thumb.jpg.999ba3f0d71554ba4922c54278c23c51.jpg

Nice job. 

Back when I had my shop in NC and used to turn bowls and such, I often used to use superglue as a finish.  Easy to do when the work was turning,  Never thought of using to finish a small piece like your pendant.   I suspect you have to work very quickly and it must be difficult not to glue your fingers to the piece 🙄.

Frank,

I had two reasons for the superglue; 1. when I glued the small piece in it was not possible to just glue the piece, there was some overflow, so I just continued and coated the whole piece. 2. I wanted to toughen and stabilize the piece.

The superglue absorbed into the wood very readily and I didn't stick my fingers at all. :)