Just some stuff..

WolfmoonCT

57 minutes ago, WolfmoonCT said:

Yeah, I'm trying to figure out how the Etsy shipping works.. Need to read up on it more, so I can put in the listing how much it costs to ship..

Applying shipping costs to your sales on Ebay is the pits.  I pulled out of attemps to set up sales pages on  Amazon Home Made, Ebay and Etsy.  Unless you are really serious and a real business it is a lot of work and a pain to keep tabs on everything.  I lost patience real quick.   And, BTW, if you want to take payments using Paypal, you need to have a Business EIN Number from the IRS.  

If you want to shoot photos of  your "stuff" that is appropriate for use in on-line sales, you might want to consider purchaing a small table top photo box  that includes lights and smooth continuous backdrops in various colors, but White, Black and Dark Grey are the best to use.  Images need to be crisp and bright.   These Photo Boxes are available on Amazon for under a $100.   The newer smart phone cameras work well but a digital camera offers better control and adjustments. 

Shadows are your worse enemy when taking photos of the "Stuff".  A Ring Light (by Neewer or similar) can also be used to almost eliminate shadows and are designed to work with smart phones as well as digital cameras. 

Please don't take this as expert advice, just what I have encountered.  Others may be be able to provide better information.

A query in Business Side might get you more accurate information and help. 

Edited by FrankEV

8 hours ago, BadBob said:

Shipping from Etsy is easy.

I set up shipping using USPS priority mail boxes, but telling it to use Etsy shipping prices, everything I posted is $8.80 to ship from CT to CA. when I look at other shops, most shipping is like $3-4...   I guess maybe they are using smaller packages.. but I'm afraid that shipping 1/8" thick scrollsaw'd ornaments would break in like bubble envelope...

I ship first-class mail and only use priority mail if the weight goes over 16 ounces. I pack everything I can with air pillows or bubble wrap. When I get done wrapping and taping, you could throw it across the room and not hurt it, and that is without the box.

I don't use priority mail boxes because they are rarely the correct size. I offer priority mail, but my customers do not want it. No one has ever asked for it.

I shipped a package yesterday that was 11.25 x 6.50 x 7.50  inches long. It weighed 12-ounces and went, first class.