Hawk G4

11 minutes ago, octoolguy said:

Where are you? There is one near me in So Cal. I have no idea of condition.

I am in Virginia moving to Bangor, Maine.  I would prefer excellent condition.  If I have to get some parts I will I can still get them if Bushton ever answers the phone and replies to emails.  😂 better the quality the more I will pay.  If its a long distance deal I could use some help.  The better the saw the more I will pay.  

There is a member here that has one in Florida but it does need some work.. It's listed down in the Deals section of this site.. Why only the G4 that you're after if you don't mind my asking? A BM series saw is basically a G4 with a couple upgrades...

It's my understanding that Bushton no longer stocks saws.. They make them as they're ordered.. Used to stock a few.. but no more.. however they are better at keeping parts in stock now, LOL.. and I've heard it takes a little time to get one.. Yeah I'm sure they're working the farm right now..

2 hours ago, SCROLLERNATION said:

Looking to purchase a Hawk G4 in primo condition.  I want it unaltered.  Example.  No extra holes in the base or arms or any weird modifications to it.  Prefer it closer to me if possible and willing to pay good money.  I am having troubles getting a new Hawk.  Anyone interested in making a sale? 

I answered your PM. I do have and love my G4, I did however change the upper clamp to the  Delta quick clamp. that mod is no longer available. 

The saw has served me well since May 2005. pretty much paid for the rest of the tools in my shop. 

I have had only very minor maintenance issues in the 16 years of ownership. 

This is sacrilege for me to say, but if I were in the market for a new saw it would be a Pegas. The added feature of the table staying flat and the arms tilting has swayed me in that direction. Also the Pegas blade clamps are far superior to the other saws in this style of saw.

I know that is not what you asked for nor do I want to start a saw  battle as most of us really think our saws are the best. 

And no it is not for sale. 

4 minutes ago, Rolf said:

I answered your PM. I do have and love my G4, I did however change the upper clamp to the  Delta quick clamp. that mod is no longer available. 

The saw has served me well since May 2005. pretty much paid for the rest of the tools in my shop. 

I have had only very minor maintenance issues in the 16 years of ownership. 

This is sacrilege for me to say, but if I were in the market for a new saw it would be a Pegas. The added feature of the table staying flat and the arms tilting has swayed me in that direction. Also the Pegas blade clamps are far superior to the other saws in this style of saw.

I know that is not what you asked for nor do I want to start a saw  battle as most of us really think our saws are the best. 

And no it is not for sale. 

But it could be up for trade for a shiny new pegas with a stand and assortment of a few gross blades of your choice?  Lol I can pick it up on my way to Maine.  Thanks for the help Rolf.  Appreciate it very much. 

19 minutes ago, kmmcrafts said:

Pegas would be my choice for a new saw as well.. I've been thinking about taking that plunge now for a couple years.. I want the larger table they offer though and I guess I can't get past the idea of having to buy both tables.. Even though.. I could use the smaller table on my Excalibur.. 

Love mine. Sure wouldn't give extra for the larger table. I see no need for it especially compared to my Hegner. 

27 minutes ago, kmmcrafts said:

Pegas would be my choice for a new saw as well.. I've been thinking about taking that plunge now for a couple years.. I want the larger table they offer though and I guess I can't get past the idea of having to buy both tables.. Even though.. I could use the smaller table on my Excalibur.. 

where did you find info on the larger table? I have a 30” that needs a new table and if i can get more blade room in the front and sides I would love to do so. 

33 minutes ago, kmmcrafts said:

I found it at bear wood.  That is nice.  

I wanna thank everyone for their positive feedback and help finding me a G4.  Since I am relocating from Virginia to Maine Advanced Machinery is just right off the highway and I may call ahead and see if I can stop by.  For atleast another year or so all my other saws will have to stay back in Colorado where I originally travelled from and I was worked to death this last year.  Having a new work life balance and something to do to keep busy in my free time and making tooling and jigs is gonna help me pass the time til I can get my ps wood machine back to me. I ordered a BM26 but have concerns and its quite the wait as well.  Thanks everyone. 😇 

18 minutes ago, rjweb said:

Well I glad you were able to order your new saw, how long of a wait is it before they say it’s done, RJ 

60 days! Took me two weeks of calling to get through to be put on the list.  I was put on the list 3 years ago and keep calling every 6 months to get put on the “list” again.  I gave up for a year and got a bad taste in my mouth.  Trying it one last time. There is a new office gal and she said I will definitely receive my saw this time.  The G4 seems really high quality. I should have bought one when they first came out.  I have some big stuff coming up to build and I need to get my feet planted and get it done.