Hegner Advanced Machinery visit

3 hours ago, kmmcrafts said:

Never understood why they make those bellows out of that goofy rubber/plastic stuff.. I see most used saws needing that piece.. I see Hawk list the bellows for their saws for $10.. I've also never ever heard or seen of anyone having to replace one on a Hawk.. They are listed in the parts on their site so I'm sure people buy them.. It's just not very common like on the Hegners..   Hegners are dam good saws.. but I do feel they could improve on a lot of things.. as can Hawk.. Hawk in my mind would be quite a competitor to Hegner if they had good management for the company like Hegner does..

If I owned a Hegner I'd have to buy stocks in Magnifier light bulbs and lenses.. My older Hawk upper arm goes up higher than the other newer Hawks. I've broke two bulbs and cracked a magnifier lens from that arm when a blade broke.. Not sure why Hegner designed that front tension lever to stick up 3-4 inch above the arm, 😂 Was always kind of curious if the designers of scroll saws ever used one..  

Sort of like Rv's. The designers  have obviously never RV'd. It takes a woman to design a kitchen and bathroom. The guys should design the driver's compartment and outside storage bays.

6 hours ago, kmmcrafts said:

Never understood why they make those bellows out of that goofy rubber/plastic stuff.. I see most used saws needing that piece.. I see Hawk list the bellows for their saws for $10.. I've also never ever heard or seen of anyone having to replace one on a Hawk.. They are listed in the parts on their site so I'm sure people buy them.. It's just not very common like on the Hegners..   Hegners are dam good saws.. but I do feel they could improve on a lot of things.. as can Hawk.. Hawk in my mind would be quite a competitor to Hegner if they had good management for the company like Hegner does..

If I owned a Hegner I'd have to buy stocks in Magnifier light bulbs and lenses.. My older Hawk upper arm goes up higher than the other newer Hawks. I've broke two bulbs and cracked a magnifier lens from that arm when a blade broke.. Not sure why Hegner designed that front tension lever to stick up 3-4 inch above the arm, 😂 Was always kind of curious if the designers of scroll saws ever used one..  

I've replaced a bellows on an old ac motor hawk.  But only one so far because its good rubber.  And one scrollmate because it hd been sitting for a long time.  The new hawk arms dont go up as high as my ultra series? 

4 hours ago, octoolguy said:

Sort of like Rv's. The designers  have obviously never RV'd. It takes a woman to design a kitchen and bathroom. The guys should design the driver's compartment and outside storage bays.

Having had a RV and currently a 5th wheel TT I totally understand where you're at with this. 😂

1 hour ago, SCROLLERNATION said:

I've replaced a bellows on an old ac motor hawk.  But only one so far because its good rubber.  And one scrollmate because it hd been sitting for a long time.  The new hawk arms dont go up as high as my ultra series? 

The new Hawk and the Ultra seem to go up about the same amount... The old 1993 220VS goes way up.. come to think of it.. I'm not sure if it has the bolt in the back that acts as a stop.. maybe that's why it goes up so high.. It's really nice on those really large projects if you feed the blade from the bottom.. Maybe I should keep that saw, LOL.. 

40 minutes ago, kmmcrafts said:

The new Hawk and the Ultra seem to go up about the same amount... The old 1993 220VS goes way up.. come to think of it.. I'm not sure if it has the bolt in the back that acts as a stop.. maybe that's why it goes up so high.. It's really nice on those really large projects if you feed the blade from the bottom.. Maybe I should keep that saw, LOL.. 

I keep telling you don’t get rid of it.  lol you will miss it. I just hope with those long arms on my 26 itll go up high.  I like that with the blade coming forward its easier

29 minutes ago, SCROLLERNATION said:

I keep telling you don’t get rid of it.  lol you will miss it. I just hope with those long arms on my 26 itll go up high.  I like that with the blade coming forward its easier

Can always take the stopper bolt out and it'll go way up.. just don't hover over it and get a tooth knocked out if a blade breaks, 😂 .. Not a big fan of drilling holes in saws, especially new ones.. but you could drill the hole lower and install the stopper bolt so the arms comes up higher if needed.

8 minutes ago, kmmcrafts said:

Can always take the stopper bolt out and it'll go way up.. just don't hover over it and get a tooth knocked out if a blade breaks, 😂 .. Not a big fan of drilling holes in saws, especially new ones.. but you could drill the hole lower and install the stopper bolt so the arms comes up higher if needed.

lol no.  No modifications!   I’ll live.  The only saw i have that pops up violent is my ps wood.  When that arm comes up look out! 😂

On 8/3/2021 at 9:05 PM, Scrappile said:

Wolfgang is not the gentleman that passed away a year or so ago??

I believe it was his brother, Hans that passed. I used to enjoy speaking German with him. We used to tease each other about the Hegner VS Hawk. 

He was a true gentleman.

14 hours ago, octoolguy said:

How could anybody not like a brand new Hegner?

It's not the point of liking, it's the need.

I now have 3 saws. A 29 year old RBI Hawk, a 9 year old Excalibur,, and a 1 month old 14" Jet. All work perfectly and I use all 3.

I like a lot of things. I just don't need them. or can afford them.

One final comment. I have never operated a Hegner, so I have no idea if I would like one.

Edited by ben2008