Pegas Chuck Heads

ejay

Thanks Denny.  My Excalibur is 7 years old and the original chucks are not holding very well.  I've cleaned and adjusted them but apparently they are at the end of their time.  I should have ordered earlier.  Right now I'm in the Christmas rush.  I would prefer to purchase them from someone on the Village so do you have a time frame as to when you will get them in stock.

27 minutes ago, ejay said:

Thanks Denny.  My Excalibur is 7 years old and the original chucks are not holding very well.  I've cleaned and adjusted them but apparently they are at the end of their time.  I should have ordered earlier.  Right now I'm in the Christmas rush.  I would prefer to purchase them from someone on the Village so do you have a time frame as to when you will get them in stock.

I have an email to Pegas about a timeline.

34 minutes ago, ejay said:

Try Qtena.com. That's where I bought mine. If I recall, at the time, they had the best price but who knows now?

image.thumb.png.b4b1e1aaec613783122b2b64b9ece6db.png

Edited by octoolguy

Seyco does sell a Quick Clamp renewal kit. Replaces just the parts that actually grip the blade both top and bottom. BE SURE TO REPLACE BOTH RIGHT AND LEFT SIDE OR BLADE SLIPPAGE MAY NOT BE CORRECTED.  

This is the small parts located inside the blade clamps.
I always keep a spare set. It might help until the Pegas clamp assembly comes in. Maybe. 

Edited by Roberta Moreton

5 minutes ago, Roberta Moreton said:

Seyco does sell a Quick Clamp renewal kit. Replaces just the parts that actually grip the blade both top and bottom. BE SURE TO REPLACE BOTH RIGHT AND LEFT SIDE OR BLADE SLIPPAGE MAY NOT BE CORRECTED.  

This is the small parts located inside the blade clamps.
I always keep a spare set. It might help until the Pegas clamp assembly comes in. Maybe. 

I also stock the set screw and thumb screw assembly, but sometimes the Chuck heads get bent with overtightening.  That is what happened to my EX21.  Replacing with the Pegas Chuck Heads set solved the problem.

On 8/31/2021 at 5:44 PM, ejay said:

Thanks everyone for the quick response.  The problem with the original chucks is they are separating from being tightened all these years and I can only squeeze them with pliers only so many times.  Denny I can wait and will be ordering them from you.

They are now in stock.  To order, go to the website in my signature.  When checking out, enter SEPT11 in the coupon code box for an additional 11% discount.  This makes the price $84.10 and free shipping.

51 minutes ago, ejay said:

Denny, I just ordered them.  Thank you for the quick response.  After searching the web I thought I was going to have to wait a few months.  And to top it off your price was excellent.  

Thanks for the order, Ed.  It is in the mail today.  You look new to the forum, welcome.  Show us some pictures of your work.

4 hours ago, Buzz1953 said:

Denny, have been using the Pegasus Head for 2 days now . I will say it does a Beautiful job holding all different types of blades . Thank you … Always Buzz

Thanks Buzz.  I have them on my EX21 for about 5 years with no problems.  And of course they are on the Pegas.