Not much to brag about but,

heppnerguy

6 hours ago, Scrappile said:

I have not started yet... I am a sawer... I saw to live.. and live to saw... I am a procrastinator!! You would never figure out where that thought ever came from... 

A man with no wood?

Tom Sawer?    no   spelling  error

Dr. Dimento song from radio.

I'm a lumber jack song?

On 9/30/2021 at 5:50 PM, heppnerguy said:

Thank you. I  need to find some wood for the rest of the set first, so I can start the other side of the board pieces

heppnerguy

You might want to Take a look at a piece of Dark Maple for your project. Especially Walnut from the Heart of the tree. The heart wood is always darker and more beautiful!
I made a set a couple of years ago for myself. They are Miniature pieces that are only 1 inch tall. I used Maple to the white pieces and Walnut for the Dark pieces. Then I laminated up the chessboard and I hand rubbed the board with 4 coats of Lacquer. I still have to finish cutting out a few pieces that I didn't like after I cut them out. My stuff always takes the back seat to get finished because I am always making gifts for other people. Someday soon I think I will just sit down and Finish my set so that I can display it! ;)

Dick

Edited by Greatgrandpawrichard

On 10/29/2021 at 10:56 AM, Greatgrandpawrichard said:

You might want to Take a look at a piece of Dark Maple for your project. Especially Walnut from the Heart of the tree. The heart wood is always darker and more beautiful!
I made a set a couple of years ago for myself. They are Miniature pieces that are only 1 inch tall. I used Maple to the white pieces and Walnut for the Dark pieces. Then I laminated up the chessboard and I hand rubbed the board with 4 coats of Lacquer. I still have to finish cutting out a few pieces that I didn't like after I cut them out. My stuff always takes the back seat to get finished because I am always making gifts for other people. Someday soon I think I will just sit down and Finish my set so that I can display it! ;)

Dick

My  problem is lack of wood suppliers in my area. So I had to settle for a light and dark 2 X 2 from Home Depot. It is just for the fun of making a set and giving it to my son. He loves chess and they are not what I would expect him to use but rather just to set in his man cave and enjoy that I was the one who made it  for him. He will like it. I am not a great scroller but I sure enjoy working on things in my shop and giving them to others who, fortunately for me, Do not see the other wonderful items that other scrollers make, to compare them to.

I would love to see your chess pieces when you finish them, so I hope you  will post them here in The Village, some day soon

Dick

heppnerguy

On 10/28/2021 at 6:56 PM, preprius said:

A man with no wood?

Tom Sawer?    no   spelling  error

Dr. Dimento song from radio.

I'm a lumber jack song?

Sorry,, what I wrote really made no sense... I had just finished watching a few episodes of "Meat Eater" on Netflix... It start out "I am a meat eater,, I live to hunt,,, I hunt to live,, I am a meat eater"..  Guess I had that running through my head..