Looks like I broke my Seyco already

WolfmoonCT

Everything was running great last time I used it. Today I went to use it. tightened in a blade, and it tried to take off on me.. the saw seemed to be running at twice the normal speed and vibrating like crazy.. Guess I'll have to see what they say could be the issue..  But I guess by the time it gets fixed, I wont' have any more time to cut stuff before I was going to go to the flea market to sell stuff.. So what I got, is what I got..  Unless Seyco can get ma part fast, or tell me how to fix this one.

Think your speed controller is gone bad.. Ray probably has one in stock and could probably send one in the mail right away.. Though the mail is being slow as ever lately.. 

If you have a air compressor you might try blowing some air to see if maybe it just got some dust in it.. Don't blow at high pressure though.. maybe 10 - 20 psi at most.

Edited by kmmcrafts

59 minutes ago, Scrappile said:

She do not sound good... Call Ray quickly.... How long have you had it?  I bought mine when they first came out..so far not a problem with it, but it is my less used saw. It doesn't have a great deal of time on it..  Hope it is a quick fix..

Mine is only 3 months old.  I bought it on 7/15, and took a week to get here.. so literally 3 months old almost to the day.  I called them around 4pm ET but no answer. I left a msg and sent them an email with a link to the video.  I was hoping to talk with someone, since 4pm here is only 2pm there, and maybe they could have the part out today.. I'll have to wait till Monday now to talk to them.  I only have 2 weeks till I was supposed to go to a market to sell stuff.. so I guess what I have is what I have by the time something gets shipped..   That is the disappointing part..  Now I'll just have to spend my time cleaning the garage.

I use mine about 1-1.5 hrs a day 6 days a week on average..  so it prob has about 135-150 hours of use on it.  very very low hours.

Edited by WolfmoonCT

2 hours ago, kmmcrafts said:

Think your speed controller is gone bad.. Ray probably has one in stock and could probably send one in the mail right away.. Though the mail is being slow as ever lately.. 

If you have a air compressor you might try blowing some air to see if maybe it just got some dust in it.. Don't blow at high pressure though.. maybe 10 - 20 psi at most.

So are you talking about up where the dial is?  Or pull the head off and take the sides off?

1 hour ago, WolfmoonCT said:

So are you talking about up where the dial is?  Or pull the head off and take the sides off?

Whatever it takes to gain entry to the rheostat that controls speed. I sort of doubt that is your problem being how new the saw is. All that thing does is control the signal to the actual controller board. 

8 hours ago, OCtoolguy said:

Whatever it takes to gain entry to the rheostat that controls speed. I sort of doubt that is your problem being how new the saw is. All that thing does is control the signal to the actual controller board. 

Pretty sure on the Seyco, there is the rheostat up at the knob, which is just two allen head screws. I already took that off and hit it with a little air.  Looking at parts you can buy from Seyco, it looks like there is a control board back by the motor somewhere.  Hopefully I can talk to them next week. Just hoping they are open by the time I get home from work.

2 hours ago, WolfmoonCT said:

Pretty sure on the Seyco, there is the rheostat up at the knob, which is just two allen head screws. I already took that off and hit it with a little air.  Looking at parts you can buy from Seyco, it looks like there is a control board back by the motor somewhere.  Hopefully I can talk to them next week. Just hoping they are open by the time I get home from work.

I'd send an email with the link to the video if you haven't already..

Called Seyco when I got home.. I got someone on the line, and after explaining what was happening, he said he was gonna have Ray call me to troubleshoot..  never happened.  But I went down,and turned on the saw, and it wasn't rattling itself apart..  Seemed to be running like normal now..  I have no clue what that could mean.  Guess I'll wait to hear back.  If not, I'll call Thursday when I'm working from home and can take some time during lunch to talk to them if possible.

Talked to Ray tonight.  He gave me a couple things I can look at. He said he will document it, and if it happens again, I can just call back and talk to him or Mike and they can ship me a new speed controller.  I can also take the back off the saw arms, and make sure the two cables going to it are not loose.  That can cause an issue too.