Semper Fi to Me

Scrappile

Ha,,, my story,,,, I am not from a military family.  I was the first one to go in.. I knew nothing about it... I lived in a boarding house when in college, there were two other guys living there also.. All they talked about was the Marines,,, everyone in their families were associated with the Marines... Ones sister was in the Marines... Anyway,,, I had no goals in college, so I was sorta flopping around, wondering what the heck I wanted to do.. One day I told the guys, I though I would quit school and go in the service.. Besides we were on our way to war in Cuba, so it looked like on the news... I felt the call..They said what branch are you joining... I said I guess the Marines,,,, They laughed,,, told me there was no way I could make it through the Marine Corps boot camp,,  I took it as a dare,,, went the next day and joined..I love the challenge of Boot camp... I loved being in the corp.. I kind of gave me direction and I grew up some.  Never been sorry about that decision..

Edited by Scrappile

• 4 weeks later...