A Good Weekend

jbrowning

Well after a little bit more examining how I had my blades clamped on the bottom clamp holder. I finally think I have it fixed (for now). I think the screw might have been pinching the blade which was causing the blade to go all wonky on me. Anyhow, I put a new UR3 blade into the Hegner Saturday and after cutting 5 puzzles and 2 key chain/dog leash holders I was still using the same blade. This is a first for me. The most I was ever to cut with one blade was 2 maybe 3 puzzles (3/4 inch poplar) and then the blade would normally break. But Saturday was a good day of sawing and then Sunday I spent the day sanding 32 puzzles and the 2 key chain/dog leash holders and putting them into ziploc baggies for this coming Saturday's craft show.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Jim

20211031_193403.jpg

20211031_193437.jpg

11 minutes ago, Mark SW said:

Hi Jim,

Where is the craft show Saturday the 6th?

I live in Colorado Springs also.

Mark

Hi Mark, this one is in Castle Rock at the Douglas County Fairgrounds. It goes from 9 a.m. to either 3 or 4 p.m. Then Nov 20th is at the Fountain Creek Nature Center and the last one (for me) is at Doherty High School Dec 4th and 5th. Swing on by if you can make it there.

Jim

1 hour ago, jbrowning said:

Well after a little bit more examining how I had my blades clamped on the bottom clamp holder. I finally think I have it fixed (for now). I think the screw might have been pinching the blade which was causing the blade to go all wonky on me. Anyhow, I put a new UR3 blade into the Hegner Saturday and after cutting 5 puzzles and 2 key chain/dog leash holders I was still using the same blade. This is a first for me. The most I was ever to cut with one blade was 2 maybe 3 puzzles (3/4 inch poplar) and then the blade would normally break. But Saturday was a good day of sawing and then Sunday I spent the day sanding 32 puzzles and the 2 key chain/dog leash holders and putting them into ziploc baggies for this coming Saturday's craft show.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Jim

20211031_193403.jpg

20211031_193437.jpg

Outstanding! I'm glad you got it figured out. Nice work Jim.

9 hours ago, jbrowning said:

Hi Mark, this one is in Castle Rock at the Douglas County Fairgrounds. It goes from 9 a.m. to either 3 or 4 p.m. Then Nov 20th is at the Fountain Creek Nature Center and the last one (for me) is at Doherty High School Dec 4th and 5th. Swing on by if you can make it there.

Jim

All those places sound familiar to me. We lived in Woodland Park from 85-91. We owned/operated Barb's Hallmark Shop at 19th & Uintah at Uintah Gardens shopping center. 

Edited by OCtoolguy

3 hours ago, Mark SW said:

Hi Ray,

Castle Rock is about half way to Denver. Fountain Creek Nature Center is along Fountain Creek(surprise) by Security Widefield area and Doherty is off Barnes if any of that jogs the memory.

I remember the Hallmark at Uintah Gardens.

As I said, they all sound familiar to me. I sold real estate, mostly recreational land, up in Teller County when we lived there. We bought the store so that we'd have a business we could run together. After working with mechanics all those years, it was a real eye-opener to work around women. Never again. I used to chase away more business than I should have. I couldn't stand to watch women let their "little darlings" destroy many dollars worth of cards and goods and then buy a $.75 card. I went back into the tool business up there and then transferred back to So Cal once our store and our home were sold.

19 minutes ago, OCtoolguy said:

I couldn't stand to watch women let their "little darlings" destroy many dollars worth of cards and goods and then buy a $.75 card. I went back into the tool business up there and then transferred back to So Cal once our store and our home were sold.

This is a big reason I don't do in person craft shows.. I had a couple instances with children grabbing things off my table breaking them and then one time two kids horsing around and the one kid turn to run and ran straight into my table which knocked the whole table over and all my stuff crashed to the ground.. I love kids.. but not the ones that aren't parented correctly.. honestly isn't the kids fault.. they didn't know any better.. parents on the other hand.. should know to keep and eye on the kids..

1 hour ago, kmmcrafts said:

This is a big reason I don't do in person craft shows.. I had a couple instances with children grabbing things off my table breaking them and then one time two kids horsing around and the one kid turn to run and ran straight into my table which knocked the whole table over and all my stuff crashed to the ground.. I love kids.. but not the ones that aren't parented correctly.. honestly isn't the kids fault.. they didn't know any better.. parents on the other hand.. should know to keep and eye on the kids..

Yeah, I came to realize that it wasn't the kids I disliked. It was the crappy parents. 

On 11/1/2021 at 11:31 AM, jbrowning said:

I spent the day sanding 32 puzzles and the 2 key chain/dog leash holders

Fellow Zombie here try some different blades if you're having to do sanding. Have never had to sand a puzzle. I use the Pegas Modified Geometry size #3. Maybe give them a try.

6 minutes ago, Devin Wilson said:

Fellow Zombie here try some different blades if you're having to do sanding. Have never had to sand a puzzle. I use the Pegas Modified Geometry size #3. Maybe give them a try.

Thank you Devin, I do have a few dozen of the Pegas Modified Geometry blades in the shop. I'll have to look and see what number they are. I need to find the one that is closest to the UR#3 of the Flying Dutchman Ultra Reverse. I only really need to sand the back of the pieces a little bit to clean them up. And probably I could get away with not sanding them at all and no one would say anything. It's probably just me wanting to make them look as nice as I can. But I'll for sure look and see what I have in the shop after this Saturdays craft show is over.

Thanks

Jim