Farm combine

heppnerguy

Thank you, everyone. I appreciate the encouragement even when I know it could be a lot better than  I do. Getting older has a few drawbacks like lacking a little patience and getting  more and more the attitude of "good enough". That does not work well for most scrollers but seems to be working  okey for me.

Dick

heppnerguy

1 hour ago, heppnerguy said:

that is  what they say. Never owned any farm equipment, myself. I did own a John Deere gator though

Dick

I wouldn't really know either.  I worked on a farm through high school and college and we had a couple of Internationals and a Ford. I probably wouldn't remember how to crank one anymore. :) 

On 11/4/2021 at 8:30 PM, Charlie E said:

I wouldn't really know either.  I worked on a farm through high school and college and we had a couple of Internationals and a Ford. I probably wouldn't remember how to crank one anymore. :) 

My wife's great grandfather invented and had manufactured, the first gasoline tractor. He sold more then 10,000 of them. It was called "Little Bull". When the company, he hired to make them, could not keep up on the quoted number they had agreed on, he found out it was because the engines were taking them longer to produce then they said they could make in the time frame, so her great grandfather started a company to make the engines for the tractor, in order to keep up with the amount he needed to have. The company he started is still in business today although they no longer are in the tractor engine business and you are most likely very familiar with the company......it is Toro. Did  you see the name familiarity here? Little BULL and TORO?

Dick

heppnerguy

On 11/5/2021 at 2:16 AM, munzieb said:

Dick, that is impressive. I really like the paint job!

John Deere colors, as I am sure you already know. I am not very happy with the way the paint came out but I am going to try and improve on it. Wish me  luck.

Hey hope things are going well for you. I have thought about you several times lately and wondering how you are doing.

Dick

heppnerguy

10 minutes ago, heppnerguy said:

My wife's great grandfather invented and had manufactured, the first gasoline tractor. He sold more then 10,000 of them. It was called "Little Bull". When the company, he hired to make them, could not keep up on the quoted number they had agreed on, he found out it was because the engines were taking them longer to produce then they said they could make in the time frame, so her great grandfather started a company to make the engines for the tractor, in order to keep up with the amount he needed to have. The company he started is still in business today although they no longer are in the tractor engine business and you are most likely very familiar with the company......it is Toro. Did  you see the name familiarity here? Little BULL and TORO?

Dick

heppnerguy

Dick, great story! You are going to give "The History Guy" of Youtube a  run for his money!

On 11/7/2021 at 4:40 AM, Badgerboy said:

Dick, would you mind sharing the source of the pattern?

26 minutes ago, heppnerguy said:

John Deere colors, as I am sure you already know. I am not very happy with the way the paint came out but I am going to try and improve on it. Wish me  luck.

Hey hope things are going well for you. I have thought about you several times lately and wondering how you are doing.

Dick

heppnerguy

I could not find the place I purchased the plans but this looks like the same piece and it is $8  less than I payed. Check it out.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/601084286/super-reallywood-combine-pdf-download?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=wooden+combine&ref=sr_gallery-1-13

Hello MR Jones!

Very neat combine.  Nicely done. Toys are a joy in their own right.

"Like the song-- Billy Bob & Joleen--should have been RED!"  (O.K.-Just my preference showing)

As an old farm boy, the only combines I ever ran were green & yellow-- they were actually great machines. My Brother-in-law--has ran red all his life & I have known him for over 70 years now. 

I am now going to have to make one-- I will use the T & E designs version though!

I do expect some fire wood from my first effort!