2021 Tally

Iguanadon

11 minutes ago, jbrowning said:

Sounds like you have had an awesome year Iggy.

Jim

Yeah, considering 3 bigger events cancelled, I still have a slim chance of beating my best year.  3 holiday events coming, but probably at least 1 will be affected by weather, it's just the norm.  We'll see.

That's great to hear Scott, I hope you outsell your best year.

My sales are down 4% from last year but my revenue is up 10% Might be something to do with raising most of my prices.. But could also be because last year a lot of the whole world was on lockdowns and lots of online shoppers, and this year more people getting back out to the stores etc.. I'm actually surprised I'm only down 4% to be honest. Last year was way up like 30% more than the previous year so I was expecting a huge drop this year after things opened back up. But there is still over 1.5 months left for me to do better or worst, LOL

On 11/9/2021 at 3:55 PM, Iguanadon said:

I have 3 holiday events remaining but wanted to get a count of what I sold so far in 2021 so I can start preparing for my winter cutting/stockpiling. Snapshot below shows top sellers in each category. Those crazy Dachshund people keep me busy. LOL  A good year.  Key/Leash racks almost matched puzzle sales.  Around 310 puzzles and 280 racks this year and had 3 large events cancelled due to Covid.

___Hooks & Puzzles Asst.jpg

PXL_20211109_204740398.jpg

You have built an amazing bussiness with your puzzles. I admire how well you have been able to sell your things. the nice  thing about the puzzles is they are not that time consuming to make  compared to a lot of other scroll pieces but you have certainly found your nitch. So happy for you.

Dick

heppnerguy

20 hours ago, rjweb said:

Very well done Iggy, how is the map business doing? I don’t know how you find the time for all this, I am retired and don’t have enough hours in the day, RJ 

Hey RJ, map business is doing well.  It's "selling season". signing businesses up for next year.  Hearing some concerns from some businesses about staffing, supply chain, material costs, etc so some are tightening up and not advertising in both of our products, while others are upgrading to larger sized ads. But hopefully I'll fill in the gaps with some new signings.  Here is the current year map.  I have 4 spots on the back to fill.

2021-1.jpg

2021-2.jpg

Edited by Iguanadon

10 hours ago, heppnerguy said:

You have built an amazing bussiness with your puzzles. I admire how well you have been able to sell your things. the nice  thing about the puzzles is they are not that time consuming to make  compared to a lot of other scroll pieces but you have certainly found your nitch. So happy for you.

Dick

heppnerguy

Thanks Dick, yes, seriously, I couldn't have stumbled upon a better gig.  Even after 5 years I very much enjoy making the items as well as going to events and selling them... I can see myself doing this well into retirement... in another decade. LOL   If I ever do start getting burnt out I can simply reduce the number of events.