Ben2008 Passed Away Yesterday

kmmcrafts

Yes sadly another scroll sawer passed away.. I don't know the details, I just noticed a couple weeks ago or so thinking he hadn't been on here for a while, at that time I checked and he had just logged on Oct. 16th.. which was only a few days so figured he was busy. Well tonight I checked again and he hadn't logged on since the 16th. He bought a few clock inserts from me back in August to make his kids some clocks for Christmas. Looked up his real name from my order and googled his name, and there was a obituary showing he had passed.  

I'm not sure what caused his passing, He was 81 years old and posted on here about having trouble getting up / down his stairs to his basement shop. He had a Hawk and a EX but wanted a saw to keep upstairs and if I remember correctly he bought a new Jet back in July or August I think.

The obituary is the only info I have since I didn't really know him personally,  https://www.thefordfuneralhome.com/obituaries/Benny-Soave?obId=23057721

5 hours ago, kmmcrafts said:

I'm not sure what caused his passing, He was 81 years old and posted on here about having trouble getting up / down his stairs to his basement shop. He had a Hawk and a EX but wanted a saw to keep upstairs and if I remember correctly he bought a new Jet back in July or August I think.

The obituary is the only info I have since I didn't really know him personally,  https://www.thefordfuneralhome.com/obituaries/Benny-Soave?obId=23057721

I do recall that now Kevin. So sad.

20 hours ago, Scrappile said:

Let's  not point all deaths to covid.. never mind, believe what you believe....   Cancel me if you wish..

I came back to say,, I really didn't mean to be crass here.. I really feel bad for the death of a fellow scroller... I do wonder why every Nov/Dec holiday season there seems to so many death... I attended a funeral of a longtime friend of my wife's...today.  My Wife's brother and my close friend since high school passed away on the 10th this month... Seems like when this time of the year rolls around,, this happens..  

My sincere condolences to Ben's family...  

Hello, I am Bennys daughter and he would  be so happy you all were asking about him. Thank you.

My dads health declined rapidly over the past month. He had fallen a few times and was weak. His mind was sharp as ever but his body was tired. Dad has made so many wonderful wood working gifts for my daughters and my grandchildren we will treasure them always. 

Take care and enjoy your life

Sheryl 

@Sheryl S.  Thank you Sheryl for taking the time to reply here.  All our 'family' here are saddened by your dads passing, he was a much respected member of our little group and will be sadly missed.  Many of us here never actually meet in person (I'm in the U.K) but we do make lifelong friends through our love of the scrollsaw.   With Deep Sympathy and Respect to you and yours.  Brenda 

Yes, that is so nice to hear from a family member. Thank you @Sheryl S!

Many times online friends just up and disappear and you never really get any closure to what happen to them. Since Ben is also from Michigan his friendship here was different to me as we messaged back and forth about local lumber suppliers etc.. I wish we would have been able to meet up in person but that just never happened. He will surely be missed.  My condolences to the family.

Kevin