how to secure scrolled portraits on wall

red river

I am running out of shelf space to display my scrolled portraits in the living room, so I figure the walls in the living room are my next best bet. However, I can't mar the walls in any way or I'm gonna get a whoopin. What do y'all suggest. I'm thinking a good brand of double sided tape. Some may be in lightweight frames and some may be just 1/8 or 1/4 in. BB ply with a 1/8 BB backer or poster board backer. Any suggestions? Thanx in advance....Forrest

Edited by red river

The Command strips is one of the best ways to "hang" your cuttings on a wall! I have been recommending to customers that have asked why I do not have wall hangers on crosses, framed projects, etc, and I tell them about the Command strips that will hold the item to a wall and if later on they want to remove it or move it to another place it is very easily done. I have different pictures of different sizes and weights attached to the walls and have not had any problems with  them staying put! Just do as the instructions say to do and you will not have any problems!

Erv 

Edited by redwine
left out word

3M Command strips are good.  However, I have found that when left on the wall for an extended period of time (as little as a month), the removable function seems to go away.  Trying to remove the strip can actually cause extensive damage to the wall surface...this happended to me when hanging Xmas decorations for just the month of December a few years ago.

For most of our Scroll Saw Portraits, even when in a frame, they are very light.  I use the very small sawtooth hangers on the back of my work and use very tiny small headed brass nails to hang my work.   The hole that remains when removed is very tiny, almost invisible and easily filled with the smallest dab of spackle if and when necessary.

If you are displaying your work in your living room, they will probably be there a long time...not sure, IMHO, I would use any kind of adheisive hanger.

I would have to agree with Frank here. Any of the "Sticky" type hanger tend to become permanent after a while and can severely damage your wall when being removed. They have a knack of pulling paint of, with them.
My go to is the Gyprock style hangers, they only leave a very small pin hole when removed.
One Piece Nail Washer Picture Hanger Max 20lbs 5pc DariceDeco Hardware Picture Hanger 10 Pack Gold

Edited by John B

When you remove the strip that is on the wall, you have to be sure that you pull that tab strip down flat against the wall. If you pull on it like you would tape it will take the the paint off with it. That strip will become longer as you pull down on it and the tendency is  to pull it off than, don't do it! Keep pulling it down, it will release without taking the paint with it. I have not had any problems with removing the strips that have been on the walls for a year or more!

Erv