My favorite source for materials

Jim Blume

Just got back from a trip to my favorite supplier. We are fortunate that they are only 109 miles away, so when we buy a big amount, it's worth 10 gals of fuel to save any shipping costs.
They are awesome folks, a family owned and operated business, always eager to please, and provide excellent materials.
Check them out if you haven't already.

https://ocoochhardwoods.com/

It would cost $50 here to buy that same 10 gallons so the savings would have to be pretty good. Wear and tear on the car and me the driver has to factor into it too. I'm getting ready to place an order with Cherokee Woods and the shipping for everything I'm ordering will be $17. For that, I'm not going to fight the traffic.

11 hours ago, OCtoolguy said:

It would cost $50 here to buy that same 10 gallons so the savings would have to be pretty good. Wear and tear on the car and me the driver has to factor into it too. I'm getting ready to place an order with Cherokee Woods and the shipping for everything I'm ordering will be $17. For that, I'm not going to fight the traffic.

Not sure what the shipping would have cost, but with my order being 10 sheets of 1/8", 2 sheets of 1/4", and 60 2' x 8" pieces of various hardwood seconds, I believe I saved a bunch. Besides that, fuel is $3.00 a gallon, it's all rural, a nice drive with little traffic, and we do enjoy a little trip now and then.

5 hours ago, Jim Blume said:

Not sure what the shipping would have cost, but with my order being 10 sheets of 1/8", 2 sheets of 1/4", and 60 2' x 8" pieces of various hardwood seconds, I believe I saved a bunch. Besides that, fuel is $3.00 a gallon, it's all rural, a nice drive with little traffic, and we do enjoy a little trip now and then.

Yes, it's a much better situation for you. A worthwhile trip for sure. $5/gal here and never a pleasant journey anywhere until you get out of town and that takes at least a half day. Too crowded.